What you'll be doing...
As a Solution Architect in the Network Systems Strategy and Architecture team, you will be leading and defining end-to-end architecture for the systems automating Verizon's wireline and wireless nation-wide networks for large programs such as: Intelligent Edge Network, Fiber Deployments, 5G. You will engage with the subject matter experts on key domains such as: network infrastructure activation and provisioning, service fulfillment, inventory, topology, service assurance, network capacity planning and engineering on access, transport and core networks. You will be defining the architecture runway to support these domains for product and services launch. You will provide technical and solution leadership in delivering architectural artifacts that promote reusability, modularity and scalability across the OSS layer for various lines of business. You will engage on a daily basis with Verizon's network engineering and operations teams and with the developers implementing the systems, drives the architecture directions in an agile framework structure, and develops innovations for the business. You will be leading and facilitating meetings and discussions to elicit business, product and network requirements to define and deliver architectural solutions and prescriptive guidance. You should be a self-starter and be able to drive end-to-end process and solution leadership to successfully complete large impactful network programs on time with well-managed scopes and costs.
The candidate must be able to establish relationships and work with managers at all levels without supervision. You must be able to articulate the problem statement and openly bring up challenges, roadblocks and impediments, negotiate, influence and drive solutions with directors and for tactical and strategic enterprise architecture approach and business capabilities.
* Develops, delivers and communicates solution architecture artifacts for implementation and execution of business and IT-driven initiatives from ideation through roll out.
* Provides technical and solution leadership in delivering architecture artifacts that promote re-usability, modularity and scalability across the OSS layer for various lines of businesses.
* Partners with business and IT stakeholders to align with business/network drivers and product strategy across various lines of businesses, and applies service-oriented architecture, micro-services architecture patterns and principles to deliver solution architecture artifacts.
* Develops solutions to complex enterprise problems that increase enterprise agility, system and process efficiencies and maximizes ROI on our network assets. You will exercise considerable judgment, trade-offs evaluation and risk mitigation planning during the solution definition and delivery phases.
* Tracks industry trends and leverages them to drive innovation and solution excellence across various functional domains within the OSS space.
* Leads the creation and oversight of architectural and financial research within functional areas to develop business value of program integration.
* Demonstrate business acumen to drive the right priorities.
* Responsible to own and deliver (using matrix leadership):
* Business/Systems Requirements Functional Placement in Systems.
* High-Level Architecture & System Flow Architecture.
* Process/System Flows (Cross business and portfolio that assign Responsibilities) - Present Mode of Operation & Future Mode of Operation.
* Gap Analysis.
* Low-Level Design and system interface documents (attribute level, data models, etc.).
* Metrics associated with the Business Case Quantification.
* Serve as single point of contact for functional domains within OSS space.
* Drive work towards target architecture plans and incremental progress.
* Standard Tech Stack enforcement and emerging technologies.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Five or more years of experience in Information Technology as enterprise/solutions architect, or systems analyst role in Telecommunication.
* Demonstrable experience leading software developers, systems or process analysts.
* Experience in articulating the business drives and architectural approach/trade-offs during discussions for solution buy-in at various levels and gain consensus.
Even better if you have:
* Master's degree.
* Experience in one or more of the of the following functional areas:
* Service Fulfillment and delivery
* Customer Order provisioning workflows
* Network provisioning and Service activation
* Network Assets build process, workflow and milestone tracking
* Network capacity planning and engineering
* Service Assurance Functions
* Inventory and topology (physical and logical) functions.
* Expertise in network domains: wireless networks, RF transmission techniques, optical transmission, IP routing and protocols, PON and wireline access technologies, etc.
* Been a software architect in the past involved in large company-wide programs.
* Recent software development experience.
* Experienced with AI and Machine Learning.
* Experience migrating applications to Cloud.
* Ability to deliver systems/process analysis for strategic programs, user pain points and product rollouts across various functional domains in OSS space.
* Ability to break down complex topics into simple to digest information and data points, adjusted to audiences at various levels.
* Ability to deliver HLAs comprised of various architecture artifacts like systems interfaces and process flow diagrams, data flow diagrams, sequence and UML diagrams, inter and intra system dependencies within the functional domain and across them.
* Ability to facilitate group meetings/discussions and broker solutions for issues between functional domains, senior leaders.
* Excellent communication (verbal and writing), influencing and negotiation skills.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.