What you'll be doing...
Exciting opportunities exist within the Verizon Global Presales Engineering organization. As a Solutions Architect, you will be an integral part of a talented team collaborating with our clients' on their Digital Transformation. The Strategy & Innovation team is an in-house strategy consulting group responsible for creating and pursuing strategies that can have meaningful impact on top and bottom line financial results. Applying analytical rigor, creativity and structured problem-solving, the Strategy & Innovation group is engaging with business leaders across all functions in strategic problem solving to address critical business challenges. As change agents, the Strategy & Innovation team is responsible not only for the formulation of these strategies but also for engaging cross-functional teams in their pursuit and execution.
At Verizon, we do much more than sell technology. We deliver game changing solutions that enhance the agility, productivity and global reach of businesses.
We lead. Others follow. No-one can match our capability to design, build and operate integrated global networks, cutting-edge information systems and mobile technologies. We use our expertise to create powerful answers to today's business issues. We're inspired to solve the toughest challenges. We relish the chance to shape tomorrow's biggest ideas. Are you ready to enhance a best in class enterprise sales team that thrives on teamwork and collaboration? Can you see yourself delivering technology and innovative solutions that connect people the world over and transform the way communities live, work and play? Do you want to change the way the world works? Welcome to Verizon - a company you can be proud to represent and be a part of.
Along with Verizon's exceptional benefits package, we are focused on our corporate responsibility and giving back to communities. We encourage our employees to be active supporters and members of society and to partner with us to improve our social conditions.
Ours is a powerful and growing business. Verizon has revenues of $120.6 billion and a workforce in more than 150 countries. We're a leader in transforming enterprises, including 97% of the Fortune 1000. We're also a business that invests in its people. Last year Verizon spent more than $275 million on employee training, development and tuition. This enabled us to hone the skills of all our people. So as you contribute to our business, we'll make sure you grow. And get the rewards you deserve. Competitive salaries are enhanced by plenty of incentive awards for sales performance.
WHAT YOU WILL BE DOING:
You will seek to build deep, consultative technical relationships with partner organizations, effectively becoming a trusted adviser. The Solution Architect role is ideally positioned to understand the high-level business objectives and match these to possible solutions in order to satisfy business and technical requirements.
* Integral part of a team dedicated to transforming our Global Presales organization in the areas of innovation, knowledge management, strategy, and product and process automation and improvement.
* Recommend integration strategies, enterprise architectures, platforms and application infrastructure required to successfully implement a complete solution using best practices.
* Accelerate our organizational culture around DevOps, inner-sourcing, Agile, Design Thinking and improved collaboration.
* Help identify, analyze, evaluate, and champion strategies and initiatives that will deliver significant top and bottom line growth.
* Assist in supporting cross-functional teams to address and resolve key strategic challenges and develop multi-year strategic visions and roadmaps.
* Develop individual skill set and expand product knowledge to maximize value and to deliver quality services to our clients and business partners. This includes attaining designated certification requirements and attending product-specific training, reviewing technical literature, and obtaining hands-on experience.
* Responsible for providing thought leadership and structure for ambiguous business problems and working with peer team members and stakeholders across all levels and functions to translate strategies into specific, results-driving initiatives.
What we're looking for...
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
* Four or more years of relevant experience in the tech industry with experience in pre-sales, customer-facing consulting or other relevant technical experience.
* BA/BS degree, specialized or equivalent experience.
* Experience architecting and developing software or infrastructure for scalable, distributed systems.
* Experience with broad technology concepts including: software defined networking, programming languages (HTML, Java, Python), API's, information security and collaboration tools.
* Experience in and understanding of data and information security - especially as it relates to issues within businesses.
* Ability to quickly learn, understand, and work with new emerging technologies, methodologies and solutions in the cloud/IT technology space.
* Gathered industry knowledge and experience in two or more of the following areas: Software Defined Networking (SDN), IT infrastructure and systems security, cloud or network systems management, and business continuity.
EVEN BETTER IF YOU HAVE:
* MA/MS degree in engineering or computer science.
* Run multiple projects or deals under tight timelines.
* Security, architecture, and industry certifications such as AWS Solution Architect, Certificate of Cloud Security Knowledge (CCSK), CompTIA Security+ or Network+, OEM certifications, ITIL Foundations, or similar.
* Hands on experience. It could be implementing or designing two or more of the following: Data and IP Services Managed Operations; Security Services; Call Center Technologies and or IT Applications Management
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Verizon will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.