Solutions Architects work as members of our Professional Services Team and engage with existing and prospective customers. As our next Solutions Architect, you will visit our client locations for short term engagements ranging from product setup, configuration, and troubleshooting to delivering technical training workshops. We are seeking exceptional individuals with strong client consulting experience.
* Container technologies (Docker, Rocket etc.)
* Big data systems (Cassandra, Spark, HBase etc.)
* Messaging queues (e.g. Kafka, 0MQ, RabbitMQ)
* Distributed file systems (e.g. HDFS)
* One or more of Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL
* System administration (major Linux distributions)
* Network architecture (routing, load balancing, firewalls, VLANs)
* Virtualization (VMWare, XEN, KVM)
* PAAS technologies (OpenShift, Cloud Foundry etc.)
* Public cloud administration (AWS, Azure, GCE)
You will be successful in this role if you
* Are willing to travel to customer sites up to 50% of your time
* Can quickly learn new technologies (Mesos, DC/OS etc.)
* Have a consulting background and are comfortable working directly with customers
* Have experience gathering and understanding customer business requirements
* Have good presentations skills in front of a senior technical audience
* Have exceptional teaching skills
* Consistently deliver to project deadlines
* BA/BS in Computer Science (or equivalent work experience)
* 5+ years in a professional services/consulting role
Mesosphere is dedicated to helping enterprises unlock the next generation of datacenter scale, efficiency and automation with Apache Mesos. Mesosphere's open source product, the datacenter operating system (DC/OS), is a new kind of operating system that spans the entire datacenter, pools datacenter resources, and automates IT operations. Backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Khosla Ventures, Microsoft, HPE, Data Collective, and Fuel Capital, Mesosphere is headquartered in San Francisco with a second office in Hamburg, Germany.
D2iQ (formerly known as Mesosphere) is a company that develops a datacenter operating system that spans various machines in a data center or cloud.