We are looking for a Solutions Architect (Infrastructure) to contribute their skills to the fast-growing market for cloud compute infrastructure. This role focuses on simplifying the management of clouds through a combination of open source technologies using our storage and integration expertise.
The Solutions Architect (Infrastructure) will work on accounts as a highly technical professional possessing in-depth knowledge of cloud technologies, including OpenStack, CloudFoudry and the AWS suite. The architect will have both presales and postsales experience, working constantly as a trusted adviser to customers as they make critical decisions related to their cloud infrastructure.
Required skills and qualifications:
- Five years minimum experience in datacenter and cloud technologies
- Extensive knowledge of underlying networking, compute, hpc and storage components
- Ability to prepare and deliver technical presentations at a CxO level
- Experience generating technical solutions for customer business issues including identifying new technologies or technologies outside of EMC products and solutions
- Ability to contribute to meeting revenue targets by providing pertinent, timely and on-going customer technical information flow
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or other technical degree and/or equivalent experience
Preferred skills and qualifications:
- Background as a systems engineering support working with sales representatives in the IT industry
- Direct experience with OpenStack, CloudFoundry, AWS and container technologies
- Experience leading a customer proof-of-concept showcasing key features/functionally of a technical solution
- Understanding of IT performance benchmarks and experience executing benchmark tests