The Senior Solutions Architect is a technical planning resource within the organization, and fulfills a coordination and leadership role in the development of technical strategies and solutions as related to business, applications, security, and infrastructure requirements for initiatives across various technical areas. Also has extensive technical knowledge and experience in multiple core technology areas and integration, along with strong planning and analytical skills. The Senior Solutions Architect is responsible for the architecture and design of leading edge infrastructure and enterprise wide solutions requiring multiple technologies. Also works as part of cross-functional teams that deal with the full spectrum of information management technology. Works with various technical across the organization to facilitate the development of technical standards. Must have the communication skills and ability to develop and present solutions to all levels of management, including executive levels. The Senior Solutions Architect participates in pre-sales information gathering, discovery, and interfacing with customers on technical and business teams -- establishing credibility in terms of experience, presentation and leadership of solutions development. The Senior Solutions Architect evaluates proposed new systems and system changes and additions, provides oversight into the decision process, integrates engineers into planning process for the assigned systems from a technical and operational view, and participates in project implementation.
* Strategy & Planning -- Assists in the development of the information system vision and strategy of the organization; assists in the development, implementation, communication, and promotion of strategic and tactical plans. Researches and participates in beta testing of new systems and technologies in order to better evaluate their suitability to the CHRISTUS environment.
* System Engineering - Evaluates proposed system acquisitions and provides critical input to the decision-making process relative to compatibility, cost, resource requirements, operations, and maintenance; develops plans and recommendations to improve the performance and efficiency of assigned systems; addresses all aspects of assigned systems, including hardware, software, outside services, etc.; considers cost-effectiveness, budget, and other resource issues in addition to technical issues; develops and implements standards and procedures for multiple areas of technology.
* System Integration -- Integrates system components, subsystems, facilities and services into the existing technical systems environment; assesses impact on other systems, and works with other IM associates to ensure a positive impact; installs, configures, and verifies the operation of system components; improves integration and operation of systems relative to the overall environment; participates as team member in cross-system projects.
* System Management -- Participates in development of standards, design and implementation of proactive processes to collect and report data and statistics on assigned systems; performs research and testing to verify impact and advisability of system installations; assists in development vendor support relationships
* Training & Certification - Maintains in-depth knowledge and current certification in various areas of information technology.
* Teamwork - Fulfills role as core member of IM team; adheres to all policies and procedures, especially those relating to Change Control, Problem Management, and Project Management; provides input to improve processes to ensure highest levels of service and availability of systems.
* Demonstrates competence to perform assigned responsibilities in a manner that meets the age-specific and developmental needs of the members served by the department.
* Appropriately adapts assigned assessment, treatment, and/or service methods to accommodate the unique physical, psychosocial, cultural, age-specific and other developmental needs of each member served.
* Demonstrates adherence to the CORE values of CHRISTUS.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Electrical Engineering or related field preferred, or equivalent experience (4 years).
* Extensive technical knowledge of systems, databases, networks, operating systems and Information Management "Best Practices", including: local and wide area networking, network protocols and routing; network, server, and host operating systems; data storage and retrieval systems; system backup and recovery; IP networking, internet and intranet technologies; email, groupware, office automation and collaboration technologies; voice and/or data communications; voice and/or data networking; video conferencing and telemedicine; Windows95/98/2000 desktop OS; server hardware, software, and administration
* Project Management
* Problem solving skills
* Patience, strong customer service skills
* Multi-tasking ability
* Time Management
* Interpersonal communications skills
* Ten years of increasingly responsible experience in large corporate systems environments with a wide variety of Information Management applications and technologies is recommended. Also requires specialized procedural knowledge of systems design, hardware/software, operations, problem resolution, system documentation, and project management.
* Must include at least three years hands-on experience with similar hardware/software/systems in use at CHRISTUS Health.
* Prior experience in a health care systems environment is a definite plus.
* Certified NetWare Engineer (CNE), Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE), or certification in Unix, Cisco, or other core technologies may be required.