At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You'll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Technology, we support First Republic's employees and clients through the acquisition, integration and management of the Bank's information technology systems and services. We drive innovation and explore emerging technologies so our people can be productive and focus on what matters most - providing extraordinary service.
The Solutions Architect will work as a key technical resource in a large corporate project at First Republic Bank. The Solutions Architect will have deep knowledge in banking business, preferably with expertise in ATM/Card processing and will be a visible leader working across organizational boundaries and implementing new technology solutions to enable our Debit Card business strategy. The primary duty of the Solutions Architect will be to partner with Business to understand business requirements and then partner with key technology resources and vendors to translate the business requirements into technical requirements. The ideal candidate will be able to evaluate a business requirement, perform end to end technical impact assessment, identify and document the technical requirements and recommend appropriate technical solutions. The candidate is expected to be a self-starter, requiring minimal oversight, is results-oriented, with a strong sense of teamwork. The role requires exceptional communication skills and an ability to build and maintain working relationships with team members, vendors, and other departments involved.
What you'll do as a Solutions Architect:
* Serves as the key Technical resource in a large corporate project with very high visibility. * Partner with Business to understand business processes and requirements. * Partner with key technical resources (example, Enterprise Architects, Infrastructure leaders) and vendors to document technical requirements. * Perform end to end impact assessment for any technical change and how it may impact upstream and downstream systems and processes. * Partner with the Testing Lead to provide guidance in overall test strategy and test execution. * Support the Business for User Acceptance Test. * Document any technical decision process. * Identify any needed reporting, instrumentation and analytics in support of automation.
What skills you will use:
* Education / work experience: * Bachelor's Degree or higher in technology-related field or relevant experience in implementing software for a financial institution. * 10-15 years of solution design required. * 3+ years of banking experience required. * 3+ years of experience with card processing systems, or relevant transactional workflow system preferred. * Highly adept user of MS Visio, MS Excel, MS Access, and common data analytics tools required. * Relevant experience acceptable as a member of a financial institution or consulting firm. * Requires knowledge and proven experience in Agile/SCRUM. * Design experience with RESTful API/services. * Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills and an ability to build relationships at all levels of the enterprise including external vendors. * Demonstrated ability to exercise independent judgment and strategic thinking under a minimum of supervision. * Must possess strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
* Professional skill / competency: * Expert at managing by influence to achieve goals through departments and staff not directly in a reporting relationship. * Strong business orientation with broad experience with banking processes, technology and change initiatives. * Understands business processes, appropriate application of technology in supporting those processes, and the common technical complexity / considerations when evaluating new products or process options. * Skilled at identifying and evaluating existing operations and new developments and gauging appropriate opportunities for the business. * Focus on development of organizational capabilities and resources to support continuous evolution of a more competitive and profitable Bank.
* Leadership skill / competency: * Demonstrated leadership, planning, and managerial skills with ability to contribute broadly at any level. * Pragmatic with an ability to generate trust and build alliances across business and functional lines. * Consistently demonstrates and follows high standards of integrity in business decision-making.
* Personal skill / competency: * Strategic perspective and business acumen. Looks toward the broadest possible view of an issue/ challenge; can easily pose future scenarios; can think globally about all aspects of the Bank; can discuss multiple considerations of an issue and forecast them into the future. * Communication skills. Demonstrates excellent communication and interpersonal skills; able to communicate clearly and concisely in a variety of settings and styles; is effective in a variety of formal presentation and meeting settings; commands attention and can manage group process during presentation/ discussion. * Change management. Gains support for change by providing context and responding with sensitivity to concerns; takes initiative to recommend/ develop innovative approaches to getting things done. * Negotiation skills. Negotiates skillfully in tough situations with internal and external groups; can be both direct and diplomatic. * Peer relationships. Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; is a team player and encourages collaboration.
* Physical requirements: * Vision must be sufficient to read data reports, manuals and computer screens. * Hearing must be sufficient to understand a conversation at a normal volume, including telephone calls and in person. * Speech must be coherent to clearly convey or exchange information, including the giving and receiving of assignments and/or directions. * Position involves sitting most of the time but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time.
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You'll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability - that's the First Republic way.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records, to the extent consistent with applicable federal and/or state law.
About First Republic Bank
First Republic Bank offers private banking, private business banking and private wealth management services.