First Republic Bank
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You'll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every day
In Technology, we support First Republic's employees and clients through the acquisition, integration and management of the Bank's information technology systems and services. We drive innovation and explore emerging technologies so our people can be productive and focus on what matters most - providing extraordinary service.
As part of the Information Services team, the Wealth Management Technology Team drives the vision to create an industry leading, client-centric wealth technology experience. The team is looking for forward thinking, action oriented individuals to help drive the implementation and development of innovative, cutting-edge solutions.
This position reports to the head of wealth management Engineering and supports development and implementation of Wealth Management's technology roadmap. This role has a key responsibility within First Republic to ensure that our client experience within Wealth Management maintains the highest standards of the Bank. He/she must be a highly motivated, quality driven engineering architect for the team. The Solution Architect - Applications will consistently deliver solutions meeting the highest standards. While strategic thinking and coordination are important elements of this role, this individual will be required to take a very hands-on role with requirements, design, development, testing, deliverable preparation and other related activities across various IS groups.
What you'll do as a Solution Architect:
* Lead end-to-end (conception, development, maintenance and evolution) implementation of wealth management technology solutions. Includes working as an effective liaison between the front office, business units, operations and other technology groups to ensure that client needs are addressed while maintaining alignment to the Bank's goals and strategy.
* Determine the specific resource needs and structure of the team, and recruit, motivate, and coach highly capable software engineers with deep technical and domain expertise.
* Drive technical excellence and implementation of best engineering practices.
* Provide vision and inspiration to deliver engaging, innovative, and client-centric wealth management technology solutions.
* Define systems architecture, design techniques and development standards to support cross-functional, multi-system solutions that scale and are flexible to meet the future needs of the organization.
* Review other developers' solutions and assure adherence to the highest quality standards.
* Oversee the design, scoping, implementation, and testing in short agile release cycles of in-house development and vendor implementations end-to-end.
* Perform prioritized planning and execution of the product development and release schedules while iteratively defining & refining development processes as the team grows.
* Create and maintain an open and transparent environment that values speed and innovation.
What skills you will use:
* Experience & Education
* Master's degree in Computer Science or related degree preferred
* 10 + years of experience delivering enterprise solutions to financial services organizations as a hands-on engineer developing complex systems architecture
* 7+ years of experience managing development teams using agile development process
* Professional Skills/Competency
* Proficient in multiple current generation development languages and platforms
* Organized and capable of managing multiple complex project commitments on tight deadlines without compromising quality, and comfortable working with dynamically evolving requirements
* Strong business orientation with broad experience in wealth management processes and change initiatives
* Skilled at identifying and evaluating existing operations and new developments and gauging appropriate opportunities for the business
* Focused on development/ improvement of products and services to support continuous evolution of a more competitive and profitable Bank
* Leadership Skills/Competency
* Proven ability to build high performing teams and motivate people, instill accountability, and achieve results in a rapidly changing environment
* Outstanding verbal and written communications skills with the ability to listen, articulate positions, and influence outcomes beyond direct areas of ownership
* Consistently demonstrates and follows high standards of integrity in business decision-making
* Personal Skills/Competency
* A positive, enthusiastic attitude and the ambition to tackle challenging issues
* Looks toward the broadest possible view of an issue/ challenge; can easily pose future scenarios; can think globally about all aspects of the Bank; can discuss multiple considerations of an issue and forecast them into the future; understands how the Bank works, competes, serves clients, and generates shareholder value
* Negotiates skillfully in tough situations with internal and external groups; can be both direct and diplomatic
* Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; is a team player and encourages collaboration
Own your work and your career - apply now
Are you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You'll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability - that's the First Republic way.
About First Republic Bank
First Republic Bank offers private banking, private business banking and private wealth management services.