First Republic Bank
San Francisco, CA
At First Republic, we care about our people. Founded in 1985, we offer extraordinary client service in private banking, private business banking and private wealth management. We believe that personal connections are everything and our success is driven by the relationships we form with our colleagues and clients. You'll always feel empowered and valued here.
Incredible teams doing exceptional work, every dayIn Technology, we support First Republic's employees and clients through the acquisition, integration and management of the Bank's information technology systems and services. We drive innovation and explore emerging technologies so our people can be productive and focus on what matters most - providing extraordinary service.
This position reports to the head of wealth management Engineering and supports development and implementation of Wealth Management's technology roadmap. This role has a key responsibility within First Republic to ensure that our client experience within Wealth Management maintains the highest standards of the Bank. He/she must be a highly motivated, quality driven engineering architect for the team. The Solution Architect - Applications will consistently deliver solutions meeting the highest standards. While strategic thinking and coordination are important elements of this role, this individual will be required to take a very hands-on role with requirements, design, development, testing, deliverable preparation and other related activities across various IS groups.
What you'll do as a Solution Architect:
* Lead end-to-end (conception, development, maintenance and evolution) implementation of wealth management technology solutions. Includes working as an effective liaison between the front office, business units, operations and other technology groups to ensure that client needs are addressed while maintaining alignment to the Bank's goals and strategy.
* Determine the specific resource needs and structure of the team, and recruit, motivate, and coach highly capable software engineers with deep technical and domain expertise.
* Drive technical excellence and implementation of best engineering practices.
* Provide vision and inspiration to deliver engaging, innovative, and client-centric wealth management technology solutions.
* Define systems architecture, design techniques and development standards to support cross-functional, multi-system solutions that scale and are flexible to meet the future needs of the organization.
* Review other developers' solutions and assure adherence to the highest quality standards.
* Oversee the design, scoping, implementation, and testing in short agile release cycles of in-house development and vendor implementations end-to-end.
* Perform prioritized planning and execution of the product development and release schedules while iteratively defining & refining development processes as the team grows.
* Create and maintain an open and transparent environment that values speed and innovation.
Experience & Education
* Master's degree in Computer Science or related degree preferred
* 10 + years of experience delivering enterprise solutions to financial services organizations as a hands-on engineer developing complex systems architecture
* Professional Skills/Competency
* Experience with Cloud Migration Programs (AWS preferred)
* Working experience on Data Architecture
* Working experience with Micro services (Open Shift Containers, Micro services, Kubernetes preferred)
* Experience with REST APIs, SOAP Web services, XML, JMS, and SOA/Integration technologies
* Working experience on Data processing framework & Automation (Python, Airflow Preferred)
* Experience on developing Architect Blueprints
* Deep understanding of Infrastructure Architecture
* Deep understanding on foundational aspects (Security, DevOps & Governance)
* Familiarity with DevOps stack (CI & CD) and other dependency management and build tools such as Jenkins, Gradle, Maven, Ant and Ivy
* Data Virtualization understanding (Denodo preferred)
* Strong experience with NoSQL and relational data stores
* Deep understanding of Enterprise Frameworks
* Knowledge on Reporting and Analytics
* CRM Salesforce experience (nice to have)
* Strong business orientation with broad experience in wealth management processes and change initiatives
* Skilled at identifying and evaluating existing/current operations and new developments and gauging appropriate opportunities for the business
* Knowledge and Understanding of Industry Trends and Best Practices
* Experience with delivering enterprise design patterns and end to end solution for mission critical highly available and scalable application involving vendors, custom development and matrixed IS organization
* Proven ability to build high performing teams and motivate people, instill accountability, and achieve results in a rapidly changing environment
* Outstanding verbal and written communications skills with the ability to listen, articulate positions, and influence outcomes beyond direct areas of ownership
* Consistently demonstrates and follows high standards of integrity in business decision-making
* A positive, enthusiastic attitude and the ambition to tackle challenging issues
* Looks toward the broadest possible view of an issue/ challenge; can easily pose future scenarios; can think globally about all aspects of the Bank; can discuss multiple considerations of an issue and forecast them into the future; understands how the Bank works, competes, serves clients, and generates shareholder value
* Negotiates skillfully in tough situations with internal and external groups; can be both direct and diplomatic
* Can quickly find common ground and solve problems for the good of all; is a team player and encourages collaboration
* Position involves sitting most of the time, but may involve walking or standing for brief periods of time
* Must be able to travel in a limited capacity
Own your work and your career - apply nowAre you willing to go the extra mile because you love what you do and how you can contribute as a team? Do you want the freedom to grow and the opportunity to take charge of your own career? If so, then come join us.
We want hard working team players. You'll have the independence to learn, lead and drive change. A culture of extraordinary service, empowerment and stability - that's the First Republic way.
About First Republic Bank
First Republic Bank offers private banking, private business banking and private wealth management services.