At Algolia, we are passionate about helping developers & product teams connect their users with what matters most in milliseconds!
Algolia is leading the way in removing the frictional boundary between intent and content, providing industry grade search and discovery tools to drive richer, more powerful engagement and success capabilities to companies of all sizes. In this endeavor, we seek passionate and industrious Solutions Architects ready to join a hyper-growth business to drive technical success in product implementation and adoption.
Solutions Architects sit within the Field Engineering Organization, chartered with driving technical success and adoption of our most strategic enterprise customers. The Algolia product is a powerful platform, but it is the implementation that propels the highest customer outcomes. Solutions Architects take responsibility in owning Algolia solution patterns and consultation as trusted advisors to the enterprise customer base.
The Solutions Architect team is also a key driver in the creation and prioritization of the core product roadmap, enabling and ensuring our valued customers successfully leverage Algolia. Prototyping, developing and sharing unique tailored solutions via workshops and collateral - both internally and externally - helps both Algolia, and the depth of your own solution mastery.
An ideal background includes previous experience in a development and consulting role, coupled with a proclivity to creatively help customers externally and colleagues internally. This position is a great move for an engineer ready to make a career shift which allows him/her to leverage existing technical skills in an effort to nurture client-facing proficiency, drive business/product decisions that affect the trajectory of the company, and develop business connections in the community. If you'd love to use your technical skills on behalf of customers by crafting holistic solutions, we want to hear from you.
THE ROLE WILL CONSIST OF:
* Provide prospects and clients high-quality technical solutions to drive successful customer outcomes during implementation and expansionary projects. -Prototype and catalog new solutions to fit business pain point -Consult on architecture, indexing, searching, and UI best practices. -Work and troubleshoot with Customer Success to enable and ensure smooth and rapid go-live release for onboarding enterprise customers
* Expand relationship and product usage within the enterprise segment -Identify new pain points within our customer base and find a resolution to drive adoption and business opportunity -Engage in customer calls and on-site visits to help inform and align on product roadmaps for future partnership growth -Scope and perform expert services engagements
* Create and increase reusability of solutions content (blog posts, workshop tutorials, etc), tooling, and internal projects -Contribute to Field Engineering Algolia knowledge repository Work with Marketing and Education teams to power company wide collateral shared both internally and externally -Build out tooling and/or collateral to help scale customer engagement
* Inform and ultimately evolve product ecosystem by listening and advocating for customers technical needs -Work with Engineering to track and resolve feature requests and bugs -Meet with Product to stay informed on the latest changes to Algolia ecosystem and disseminate internally and to customers as appropriate
YOU WILL BE A GOOD FIT IF YOU HAVE:
* Great oral and written communication in English
* Strong desire to help people
* Problem-solving skills, and attention to detail
* Customer facing experience (i.e. as a freelancer or in customer support)
* Minimum 2+ years professional experience as a full-stack web developer
* Recommended proficiency in a backend framework (i.e. node, Rails, Django, etc.)
Don't think you fit 100% of the requirements? We'd still love to hear from you.
NICE TO HAVE:
* Familiarity/curiosity with multiple technical domains
* Backend/frontend mobile development
* Analytics, A/B testing
* Exposure to enterprise business
* Familiarity in relevant verticals
* Project management experience
* Experience within search domain
* Other search-as-a-service company
* Having spoken at tech conferences
* Experience producing technical content
WE'RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO CAN LIVE OUR VALUES:
* GRIT - Problem-solving and perseverance capability in an ever-changing and growing environment.
* TRUST - Willingness to trust our co-workers and to take ownership
* CANDOR - Ability to receive and give constructive feedback
* CARE- Genuine care about other team members, our clients and the decisions we make in the company.
* HUMILITY- Aptitude for learning from others, putting ego aside.
* Health, dental, and vision benefits for you and your family
* Life insurance and disability benefits
* Paid parental leave
* 401(k) plan
* Flexible work hours and unlimited time off
* Competitive pay and equity
* Your choice of computer, phone, keyboard, headphones, you name it. Everything you need to be efficient.
* Coaching and sponsorship to participate and speak at leading industry conferences
* Fun: we spend time together - team building, socializing and making tools that encourage getting to know teammates across offices and continents.
* Charitable contribution matching
* Unique referral rewards program: refer a candidate, and we'll donate to your charity of choice
* Fully stocked kitchens
* Team workouts
* Meals & happy hours