Raytheon is looking for cleared, industry leading IT professionals to deliver innovative, mission critical IT capabilities and services in support national defense.
The Raytheon IIS Cyber Protection Services has a career opportunity for a Solutions Architect to support the Department of Homeland Security's (DHS) Continuous Diagnostics and Mitigation (CDM) Program. We're looking for someone who is passionate about developing solutions that protect and defend civilian government data and networks.
In your Solutions Architect role, you will work closely with the Program Manager and the Systems Integration Manager as a key member of the program leadership team to translate cybersecurity requirements into an architecture for enterprise shared services cybersecurity solutions supporting Non-CFO Act agencies such as the Federal Communications Commission, the International Trade Commission, and the National Transportation and Safety Board
* Determining the best solution among all possible to meet DHS CMD requirements
* Describing the structure, characteristics, behavior, and other aspects of CMD cybersecurity solutions to DHS stakeholders
* Defining the features, phases, and solution requirements for CMD cybersecurity solutions
* Designing, describing, and managing the solution engineering of COTS cybersecurity solutions for:
* hardware and software asset management, security configuration, and software vulnerability management
* Security Information and Event Management (SIEM), providing capabilities for monitoring client environments in "real time" for active threats
* identity management to include privilege management, trust determination, credentialing and authentication, and security-related behavior training capabilities
* securing network and perimeter components, network hosts, device components, and data at rest and in transit
* enabling the monitoring, analysis, and reporting of user behavior and activities
* identifying cybersecurity risks on an ongoing basis and facilitating prioritization and reporting of those risks
* Ensuring architected solutions address DHS CMD performance, maintainability, scalability, usability, and reliability requirements
Clearance Requirement: Must be a US Citizen with a TS security clearance and SCI eligibility
Required Experience, Knowledge and/or Skills:
* At least ten years of experience developing cyber security solutions across a diverse and heterogeneous IT environment, including the following:
* Technical leadership in Enterprise Architecture (EA), Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), and IT Service Delivery to U.S. Government agencies
* Demonstrated experience in security solution design using existing and emerging technologies to achieve enterprise solutions
* At least six years of experience working with Security Authorization requirements, developing and enhancing the security risk posture, and analysis and reporting of IT security metrics
* At least four years of recent experience in security policy and emerging cyber security technologies
* Demonstrated experience and knowledge of systems engineering
* Demonstrated excellent written and oral communications skills
* Experience supporting 24x7 Security Operations Center environments, providing support for incident notifications (up/down status), monitoring for all connections, Distributed Denial of Service and availability monitoring
* Experience supporting end-to-end testing including, but not limited to, regression testing, 508 Compliance and testing, and security accreditation testing
* Experience architecting SIEM tools on large and complex federal government networks
Desired Experience, Knowledge and/or Skills:
* Current Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) certification
* At least eight years of technical and management experience implementing cybersecurity projects in complex and heterogeneous environments
* Experience leading multi-organizational and matrixed technical resources and teams in accordance with approved integration plans and contract terms and conditions.
* Experience developing and integrating Continuous Monitoring capabilities
* Knowledge of Earn Value Management System (EVMS) and EVM certification or ability to obtain certification within 6 months of hire
* Advanced degree in Engineering or Computer Science, Physics, Math, or other science
This position requires either a U.S. Person or a Non-U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 139682 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Top Secret - Current
Integration & Test Engineering
Type Of Job
VA - Dulles
VA - Sterling
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.