Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit in communities across our nation. We are the leading source of funding for housing in America, which means more people can buy or rent a home. We are focused on sustaining the housing recovery, improving our company, and leading change to make housing better.
Join our diverse, high-performing team and make a difference as we work together to enable access to a good home.
For more information about Fannie Mae, visit http://www.fanniemae.com/progress
Our Finance Tech team in Washington DC is looking for a Solutions Architect that will help with leading the design, adoption and implementation of new AWS cloud strategies impacting mission critical applications. You will use modern tools, techniques, and methods to develop POCs to help inform the migration of existing applications to cloud. You will also play a lead technical role to help develop the overall Finance Tech strategy for cloud migrations. Assess high level requirements, the required patterns, and interact with stakeholders as required.
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS
* Drive the AWS migration solution blueprints (application, technology, business, security and other…) for Finance Technology
* Plan, design, and develop AWS POCs by selecting the right set of tools and services to inform migration of existing applications to cloud.
* Select appropriate AWS Cloud services to migrate existing applications to cloud.
* Effectively communicate the migration strategy to various stakeholders.
* Mentor or provide technical guidance to staff on AWS cloud implementation solution.
* Leverage Fannie Mae DevOps tool stack to build, inspect, deploy, test and promote POCs. Serve as technical lead, architect, project lead or principle developer in course of large or complex project.
* Expert proficiency in unit testing as well as coding in 1-2 languages (e.g. Java, etc.)
* Expert proficiency in Object Oriented Design (OOD) and analysis. Expert proficiency in application of analysis/design engineering functions. Expert proficiency in application of non-functional software qualities such as resiliency, maintainability, etc.
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent required.
* 5 years of related experience.
SPECIALIZED KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS
* 5 total years of experience in software development including design, coding, and testing using Java or Python.
* 2 years of hands-on experience with AWS Cloud services with knowledge of best practices.
* 2 years of hands-on experience with APIs, orchestration, and DevOps tool and databases.
* 3 year of experience with design and development of Microservices.
* Excellent communication and presentation skills.
* Desired Experience with enterprise system integrations (e.g. REST, SOAP, JMS/EMS, XML, SSO).
* Expertise and ability to lead complex architecture and design white-boarding sessions.
* Experience in object modeling, designing data models and database schemas, and solving scalability issues.
As a condition of employment with Fannie Mae, any successful job applicant will be required to pass to successfully complete a background investigation.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
About Fannie Mae
Fannie Mae provides reliable, large-scale access to affordable mortgage credit so people can buy, refinance, or rent homes.