Bay State Computers, Inc. is a professional services firm and a leading provider of Information Technology (IT) services and products to the U.S. Federal Government and Industry. Bay State brings together experienced IT professionals and the latest state-of-the-art technology tools, practices, and products to support projects and task order requirements for our customers. For more information about Bay State visit our website, connect with us on LinkedIn, or follow us on Twitter.
We have an exciting opportunity for a Solutions Architect to join our team.
* Independently gathers and analyzes information for developing and modifying information processing systems in accordance with client requirements.
* Prepares the architectural plan for the integration of these systems into the larger technical environment
* Interfaces with client stakeholders to define requirements for new/upgraded systems, and creates design specifications/documentation for the developers
* May manage work assignments across a team of developers
* Performs all functional duties independently
* Works on high-visibility programs, or mission critical aspects of assigned program(s)
* Oversees the efforts of direct reporting resources and/or is responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job
* A minimum of ten (10) years' experience in software development, enterprise architecture, or related field, with consulting skills preferred
* Able to perform all functional duties independently on high-visibility programs, or mission critical aspects of a given program
* Able to oversee the efforts of direct reporting resources and/or be responsible for the efforts of all staff assigned to a specific job
* Demonstrated ability to mentor less experienced personnel in object-oriented development
* Extensive experience with objected-oriented programming methodologies and techniques (data/object modeling, methods, classes, inheritance, polymorphism, re-use concepts, frameworks)
* Extensive experience with requirements definition, specification creation, and preparation of conceptual, logical and physical design documentation using case models, class models, component models, and physical models
* Extensive experience with multiple object-oriented technologies such as Object-C, Smalltalk, Delphi, OpenStep, WebObjects, Informatica, Platinum, Nomad, Websphere, and enterprise Java Beans
* Extensive knowledge of code versioning and change management concepts
* Extensive experience with full life-cycle software applications development (i.e., design, construction, testing, and implementation)
* Demonstrated client interaction skills and ability to work in a team environment, on-site in a client facility
* Demonstrated ability to manage work assignments across a team of developers
* Excellent communication skills
* Candidate must be a US citizen and Permanent resident
Education: A degree from an accredited College/University in Software Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline is preferred
Benefits: Full-time employees (permanent or contract employees who are employed for a term greater than 6 months) are eligible for benefits including time-off benefits, such as vacations and holidays, and insurance and other plan benefits.
Location: Herndon, VA
Bay State Computers, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for this position regardless of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, sex, citizenship, ethnicity, veteran status, marital status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.