At Red Hat, we connect an innovative community of customers, partners, and contributors to deliver an open source stack of trusted, high-performing solutions. We offer cloud, Linux, middleware, storage, and virtualization technologies, together with award-winning global customer support, consulting, and implementation services. Red Hat is a rapidly growing company supporting more than 90% of Fortune 500 companies.
The Red Hat Public Sector Federal Sales team is looking for a Solutions Architect with expertise in enterprise datacenter and cloud environments to join us in McLean, VA. In this role, you will support our sales efforts in the government channel and partner community. You'll work as part of a team of solutions architects responsible for creating solutions and presenting compelling recommendations to Red Hat's customers. You'll help our customers invest wisely in IT infrastructure, virtualization, and cloud solutions that will give them maximum flexibility for today and into the future, allowing them to run faster and more efficiently. You'll need to have a balance of serious technical expertise, passion for open source, thorough understanding of business processes, and of the ability to identify and create business solutions at the enterprise level. As a Solutions Architect, you'll also need to have excellent communication and people skills, as you'll be a crucial part of the first major experience our customers have with Red Hat.
Primary job responsibilities
* Present Red Hat's solutions portfolio, including cloud management, virtualization, and digital transformation solutions
* Prepare and present complete technical proposals to potential customers, addressing complex requirements, designing value-driven architectures, and explaining the application and ROI of these solutions
* Support the Sales team by delivering compelling recommendations and solutions which directly result in the closing of sales
* Ensure that revenue quota, deployment, and service objectives are met while maintaining a high level of satisfaction among existing and prospective customers
* Assist in the development of sales strategies to help ensure that Red Hat's objectives are met
* Conduct live demonstrations of Red Hat's solutions, including Red Hat CloudForms, Red Hat Ansible Automation, Red Hat Virtualization, Red Hat OpenShift Container Platform, and other solutions as appropriate
* Serve as a technical point of contact for existing and prospective customers and the Sales team
* Provide follow-up support in disseminating technical information on specific applications
* Research and write responses to technical sections of requests for information (RFIs) and requests for proposals (RFPs)
* Form relationships with customer technical associates to identify new opportunities
* Lead the gathering of architecture, design, and presentation of solutions to meet the needs of prospective customers
* Guide and support presales pilots, demonstrations, proofs of concepts, evaluation, and benchmarks
* Knowledge of enterprise IT environments, IT infrastructure solutions, cloud solutions, deployment, and running solutions in a cloud environment and private, public, and hybrid clouds
* 5+ years of experience working as a sales engineer or equivalent supporting enterprise accounts
* 5+ years of experience with Linux and Microsoft Windows in the areas of system administration, integration, or development
* 5+ years of experience working with virtualization technologies
* Excellent communication and presentation skills with a record of developing relationships at engineering, commercial, and executive levels
* Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical audiences
* Understanding of enterprise virtualization, virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI), Linux, and VMware technologies
* Familiarity with enterprise architecture components like UNIX, RDBMS, MOM, LDAP, clustering, etc.
* Knowledge of networking and complex software integration
* Ability to work in the field in remote offices; excellent prioritization and time management skills
* Willingness to travel up to 25%; some time periods could exceed this, depending on quarterly business needs
The following are considered a plus:
* Top Secret or Sensitive Compartmented Information (TS/SCI) clearance
* Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) or Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) certification
* Consulting, presales, or sales engineering experience
Red Hat is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and an affirmative action employer. We review applications for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, uniformed services, genetic information, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
Red Hat does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or CVs from recruitment agencies. We are not responsible for, and will not pay, any fees, commissions, or any other payment related to unsolicited resumes or CVs except as required in a written contract between Red Hat and the recruitment agency or party requesting payment of a fee.