As a rapidly growing global provider of IT solutions, we've expanded from Seattle to Sydney and beyond - with reach in over 80 countries around the world. Today's top brands count on Zones and our world-class partners - Microsoft, Apple, Cisco, Dell, Lenovo, and more - to transform their enterprises. To support this transformation, Zones offers products and services across four Solution Environments: Workplace Modernization, Network Optimization, Data Center Transformation, and Security Fortification.
At Zones, work is more than a job - it's an exciting career immersed in an inventive, collaborative culture. If you're interested in working on the cutting edge of IT innovation, sales, engineering, operations, administration, and more, Zones is the place for you!Position Overview
As a Cloud Solution Engineer your tasks may vary day-to-day but primarily will focus on customer implementations and migrations, implementation and operation automation, best-of-class support for internet applications, technical optimization and configuration as well as support operations. The ideal candidate will be able to adapt seamlessly to the organization and the customers we serve, be technically savvy as well as enjoy learning new technologies. This role will also work with a team of other Solution Engineers and can look to mentoring from the Senior Solution Engineering team.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The Cloud Solution Engineer is primarily responsible for:
* Liaison with the Pre-Sales Solution Architect and Senior Solution Architect to validate technical approaches as well as estimated level of effort, in-scope, out-of-scope, etc.
* Work directly with the PMO and Senior Solution Architect to coordinate pre-kickoff, implementation as well as long term management duties for each customer engagement
* Specifically, you will be expected to assist the larger team in setting expectations for Customer implementations, schedules (timeline), and overall planning both with the internal Zones Team as well as with the Customer
* Implement Customer Cloud Proof-of-Concepts, Implementations and Migrations
* Participate in 24/7 technical support coverage across the Cloud environment and applications as necessary
* Creation of thorough specifications, plans and activities to ensure successful Customer implementations or migrations
* Provide responsible, timely, detailed status of progress and expectations
* Drive to change and constantly improve the service that is delivered to the Customer with minimum disruption
* Ability to work natively in a mixed Windows/Linux environment and can fully comprehend and implement hybrid Cloud and non-hybrid architectures
* Actively manage server and database backups, perform kernel level system tuning, and can handle additional System Administration tasks as defined
* Communicate with and potentially mentor either on-shore or off-shore Cloud Solution Engineers within your project team as needed
We are seeking candidates with the following experience and skills:
* Minimum 6 years of Cloud System Administration, Migration and Implementation experience within the AWS, Azure or Oracle cloud offerings (college included)
* Specifically, migration experience with any of the following:
* O365 - experience with Exchange Online and SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business planning, tooling and migration implementation experience
* Azure - experience with ASR, Azure Migrate, and other related Azure IaaS/PaaS migration planning, tooling and implementation experience
* AWS - experience with AWS migration (VMWare, Database, on-premises) IaaS migration planning, tooling and implementation experience
* Oracle - experience with Oracle 12c or 18c database migrations
* This position will require you to acquire one of the following Public Cloud certifications within the first year of employment if you do not already possess them or as directed by Zones management:
* Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA)
* 98-369 Cloud Fundamentals
* 98-367 Security Fundamentals
* 98-366 Networking Fundamentals
* 98-365 Windows Server Administration Fundamentals
* AWS - Cloud Professional or Practitioner or track for Professional
* Oracle Database 12c or 18c Administrator or their current equivalent
* Where gaps exist in certifications, for example if you possess the Azure certifications but not the AWS or Oracle, then you will be required to fill any gaps in certifications within the first your of employment
* If your certifications are out-of-date then you will be required to renew these certifications in addition to filling any gaps within the first year
* Assisting the Senior Solution Engineer in the creation of reference architectures (runbooks) for future reuse by the larger Zones Cloud team
* Technically minded and understands a wide range of system platforms
* Clear comprehension of the overall IT infrastructure and application stack
* Assisting the Senior Solution Engineer in the production and roll out of processes and tools in order to improve effectiveness
* Analytical skills to assist in the resolution of complex issues that may be time sensitive
* Ability to provide high-level support for technical clients
* Solid understanding of various network topologies and protocols
* Some experience with DNS and LDAP as well as SSH and RDP access
* Some experience with Virtualization (VMware, Hyper-V Zen, etc.)
* Ability to estimate effort to complete tasks and meet pre-defined objectives
* Ability to plan, organize, schedule, and manage activities during delivery and management of a project once the primary deliverables are complete
* Understanding of multiple technologies and design techniques
Nice to have Skills
* Experience building and administering LAMP, RoR, Java, and/or ASP.NET web application environments
* Experience with Ansible, Chef, Puppet, TerraForm or other automation and/or configuration toolsets is highly preferred
* Experience working with multiple Linux distributions (Ubuntu, CentOS), BSD, and Solaris
* Experience with Apache, nginx, Tomcat, IIS, and varnish
* Significant experience in Bash, Perl, Ruby or Python scripting
* Some network configuration experience (Firewalls, VPN, Routers/Switches, and Load Balancers)
* Direct experience with SQL
Zones offers a comprehensive Benefits package
While we're committed to providing top-tier solutions, we're just as committed to supporting our own team. Our employees enjoy a variety of comprehensive benefits, including medical/dental/vision coverage, life insurance, a 401(k) plan with matching provision, paid time off, and much more. And as a Minority Business Enterprise, a Corporate Plus member of the Northwest Minority Supplier Development Council, and an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, our community is just as diverse.
At Zones, work is more than a job - it's an exciting career immersed in an inventive, collaborative culture. If you're interested in working on the cutting edge of IT innovation, sales, engineering, operations, administration, and more, Zones is the place for you!
Zones is a company that provides IT products and solutions to businesses.