Success is always in style at TJX, a Fortune 100 company and the leading off-price apparel and home fashion retailer in the U.S. and worldwide. Our retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, Winners, Homesense and T.K. Maxx.
SOLUTION DEVELOPER III (ServiceNow Developer)
The position is on the team responsible for providing leadership and strategic direction, best practice advisory services to functional and technical streams for Enterprise Implementation of ServiceNow Platform (ITSM, HRSD, CSM, GRC, SECOPS ITBM, SAM) across multiple geographies and multiple instances. This role will direct the ServiceNow implementation and certify the solution design of strategic technologies during solution development. This role will build and drive high performing relationships with strategic development partners to ensure high quality delivery of all aspects of solution development.
In an operational setting the Solutions Developer is responsible for solution design and review of all business process and system level changes as part of continual service improvement. They provide design perspectives to the process teams to maintain consistency, stability and supportability of the solution and processes. This individual needs to stay current on the vendor s solution capabilities and product roadmap and maintain the organizational roadmap for the solution.
Major Duties/ Responsibilities
* Fosters the adoption of ServiceNow capabilities across IT product delivery teams, which include project managers, business analysts, QA testers, developers, and infrastructure engineers.
* Partners with IT product delivery teams to understand their ServiceNow capability requirements and to define and deliver effective solutions to drive efficiencies and improve operational stability.
* Provides leadership for the solution design of projects. Leads discussions on design approaches to solving visible, strategic and complex business problems.
* Provides technical leadership for the design and implementation of all ServiceNow features and capabilities. Performs hands on implementation work, as needed.
* Maintains broad knowledge in ServiceNow API / Connectivity and capabilities.
* Measures the effectiveness of product delivery teams using DevOps solutions and applies continuous improvement based on feedback loops.
* Expected to mentor one or more junior members of the team.
* Technology design expertise which includes Performance, Security, Availability, as well as, Operations, Monitoring and Support.
* Strong requirements gathering skills and ServiceNow based solutioning skills.
* Will be responsible to develop strong and meaningful relationships with other IT stakeholders.
* Must collaborate effectively across the IT organization and have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Demonstrated ability to effectively work both independently and within cross functional project teams that span multiple time-zones.
* Ability to understand the big picture and the short term perspectives of specific situations.
* Ability to influence others to achieve results and lead a team
* Expert knowledge of the software development lifecycle.
* Extensive experience with Agile methodologies.
* Ability to alter direction easily to accommodate changing priorities.
* Adheres to Sarbanes Oxley and PCI policies and controls.
* Provides technical approval of Technical Design for tasks of medium to high level of complexity. Provides technical approval of Detailed Technical Specifications.
* Consults on the estimates, design preparation and operational support escalations for large tasks of high complexity.
* Prepares Production Readiness documentation for implementations of medium to high level of complexity
* Acts in Development Lead capacity for medium to high initiatives, prioritizing and assigning project tasks, providing guidance and resolving issues.
* Reports status to Project management and interfaces with other domains, IT areas and 3rd party vendors as needed.
* Leads Solution Development process definitions, and development of Solution Development best practices and standards.
* Ensures compliance with Performance, Security, and Availability, Recoverability and Supportability standards and policies and provides Monitoring recommendations for tasks of medium to high level of complexity.
* Requires a highly advanced level of technical expertise, along with an ability to identify and incorporate innovative technical solutions during system design and architecture phases. Strong enterprise architecture and design perspectives.
* Requires mastery of the systems development life cycle including complementary software development methods such as software prototyping, JAD, RAD and software development methods based on iterative and incremental development such as Agile
* Expert understanding of source code management tools and concepts
* Thorough understanding of ServiceNow concepts and tools
* Demonstrated technical expertise in the architecture and implementation of applications and systems of medium to high level of complexity.
* Authorized to approve Technical Design for tasks of medium to high level of complexity
* Responsible for most technical decisions within assigned scope.
* Authorized to approve Detailed Technical Specs, System Documentation
* Review QA Strategy
Span of Control (i.e. Direct/Indirect reports)
* 0 Direct / 1-6 indirect
Scope of Responsibility (i.e. Financial impact)
Responsible for assigned tasks of high level of complexity
* Bachelor's Degree in technology or information systems or equivalent work experience.
* 6+ years in IT, specifically in the technical design, development and implementation or support of business systems.
* At least 4 years ServiceNow development.
* ServiceNow Certified System Administrator (CSA) certification, ServiceNow Application Developer and Implementation Specialist Certifications are a plus
* At least 2 years of experience leading scrum/agile oriented teams.
* Ability to lead highly technical teams.
* Strong functional understanding of the following ServiceNow capabilities and features products.
* Experience in a SaaS environment Design, development, and deployment
* Development experience of form customization, business rule, client script, script include, UI policies, security rules, and other objects of ServiceNow experience with the ServiceNow
* Experience configuring and enhancing all aspects of ServiceNow such as workflow, user interface (UI), client scripts, business rules, and more, utilizing out-of-the-box functionality as much as possible and only customizing when necessary
* Experience with web technologies such as XML, HTML, web services, and other similar technologies
* Experience with technical components such as LDAP, SSO, VPN, REST, JDBC
* 8-10 years in IT, specifically in the technical design, development and implementation or support of business systems.
Minimum Formal Education
Bachelor's Degree in technology or information systems or equivalent work experience.
At TJX, we are proud that, for 40 years, we have been providing amazing value to our customers, but the merchandise we sell is just part of our story. We believe our Associates bring our business to life, and we aim to support you by making TJX a terrific place to work. We are committed to leveraging our differences, and believe that the diverse skills, experiences and background that you bring into the organization will help us continue to succeed.
Discover Different. Apply today!
In addition to our open door policy and supportive work environment, we also strive to provide a competitive salary and benefits package. TJX considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. TJX also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Posting Notes: Marlborough || MA
Nearest Major Market: Boston
Job Segment: Developer, Merchandising, Information Systems, Fashion Retail, Web Design, Technology, Retail, Fashion, Creative
TJX is an off-price apparel and home fashions retailer.