POSITION CAN BE LOCATED ANYWHERE IN U.S.
Global Delivery Organization (GDO) - Senior Consultant / Architect
Juniper Networks provides strategic solution development, integration and deployment services to our customers through the Professional Services (PS) organization. A Senior Consultant position is a technical role, providing primarily post-sales Consulting delivery in PS, and will deliver and own the success of all technical aspects of the projects engaged. This role will have the technical and project experience to interface directly with Sales, and/or Customers to define the problem from the Customer's perspective and will have the ability to design / validate complex projects involving multiple technical disciplinary. A Senior Consultant will be capable of engaging in multiple projects at a given time under the direction of Delivery Managers and will be billable to customer projects.
* Work in a consultative manner to deliver Data Center / Cloud-SDN and/or other network consultingsolutions in customer projects.
* Ensure solution architecture meet the customer objective.
* Technical delivery success, including assessment, design, test and validation, and implementation.
* Follow the Juniper deal engagement and delivery processes, working closely with the Project Manager.
* Work with Customer and Juniper's key technical resources to ensure technical alignment.
* Personal on-site and/or remote delivery of Professional Services including creation of high level and detailed design documentation, migration planning, product integration and acceptance.
* Develop and maintain strong relationships with the customers' technical teams.
* Develop and maintain an in-depth technical and marketing knowledge of the Juniper Networks products.
* Regular feedback of product requirements and performance to internal groups including engineering, consulting and product management.
* Escalate project issues timely.
* Project scoping efforts when required.
* Engage with the technical community through industry events, web forums, and publications to share knowledge and evangelize Juniper's PS services and capabilities.
* Build a reputation as a subject matter expert among their peers in the technology, products, solutions, and services.
* When assigned, contribute to technical design of new service offerings.
* Able to investigate, learn, and engage in projects with new technologies.
* Provide training/mentoring to Consultants.
Technical Skills -
* Ideal - SDN architecture including:
* Contrail, OpenStack (Redhat/Mirantis/other), Contrail Service Orchestration (other Orchestration), Ubuntu/RHEL, KVM (other) Hypervisors, Containers, Docker and other Juniper products including vMX, vSRX, NFX. Knowledge of underlay/overlay and IP networking.
* Working knowledge of UNIX systems, Hypervisors and various system virtualization software and schemes, and Orchestration stacks such as Openstack.
* Knowledge of programming or scripting in languages such as Python, and automation frameworks typically used operational automation such as Ansible, etc.
* Network Monitoring and OSS/BSS/IT integration.
* Essential: General network environments, including:
* Configuration and operation of routers and switches in data center, core, access, campus, and general network environments.
* Network operating systems including JunOS, Cisco IOS and/or other major network operating systems.
* IP Networking essentials including addressing/schemes, IP protocol types and typical application usage, traffic patterns and behaviors.
* IP routing protocol expertise (OSPF, IS-IS, BGP), typical routing schemes and network topologies, and IP Multicast routing protocols (PIM, MSDP) and typical schemes.
* Ethernet Networking expertise including VLAN and other L2 encapsulations like VXLAN, various protocols including STP
* Data Center Fabric Technologies such as EVPNoVXLAN, Juniper VCF, Junos Fusion, MC-LAG, IP-Clos, etc
* MPLS Networking expertise especially services applications including L3VPN, EVPN, NG-MVPN, etc
* Class of Service and Queueing schemes and configurations
* Working knowledge of network supporting services like DNS, AAA, Logging, SNMP, flow data collection, etc.
* Extensive experience in fault isolation and troubleshooting logic and techniques.
* Operation of network management protocols, tools and software.
* Use of network analyzers, traffic generators, simulators and testing and troubleshooting tools.
* Advantageous - MultiCloud environments including
* VMware vCenter/NSX, MPLSoGRE, VXLAN, RESTful APIs, Icinga, Junos (awareness not expertise), SLAX/Junos Automation, Ansible, Puppet, Chef, Cobbler
* Knowloedge of hybrid cloud solution architecture.
* Public Cloud computing inlciding Amazon Web Services AWS, Microsoft Azure, etc.
* Professional Services consulting and business consulting experience.
* Experienced in designing, implementing, and/or testing in Data Center, DCI, WAN or/and Public Clouds (XaaS).
* Proven capability to effectively transfer knowledge to customer technical teams, both through formal and informal training.
* Effective planning & communication skills, excellent inter-personal skills.
* Delivered large scale solutions projects to Service Provider and/or Enterprise customers.
* An excellent understanding of the industry, the customer's business issues and solution architecture to meet their business goals.
* Bachelors and/or MS degree in Computer Science or Computer/Electrical Engineering or equivalent with 8+ years of related experience.
* Travel up to 40% of the time is possible.