Are you a world-class communications professional with a passion for helping communicate to a global technical audience? Are you a passionate evangelist who can help the AWS Solutions Architecture team effectively communicate strategy and vision to the technical field, customers, and stakeholders?
AWS is the world leader in cloud services and technologies, with millions of customers and an amazing growth trajectory. We are seeking an experienced, global communications leader to develop and drive a global, world-class internal communications strategy and to partner closely with the AWS Marketing team to create external communications. You have a solid technical communications background working in engineering, software development, sales engineering or solutions architecture environments. You will be responsible for building a program that achieves communication objectives for both internal and external audiences.
You have excellent writing and editing skills, and the ability to establish and drive a professional, consistent message across a range of communications channels. This role will require the ability to work backwards from ambiguous customer requirements to distill clear and concise messaging, including selecting the appropriate communication channel (e.g., blogs, videos, newsletters, leadership announcements, email, etc.) or inventing new ones. The role also supports executive speaking, presentations, and other communications that reach a wide variety of audiences - from customers to industry leaders. You know how to communicate with all levels of technical professionals - from technical IT pros to senior executives.
In this role, you'll have the following accountabilities:
* Define and drive the overall communications strategy for the Solutions Architecture business around the globe
* Work closely with the AWS Marketing team to formulate messaging and communicate with our external customers.
* Work cross-functionally and across geographies with stakeholders at all levels to define key messages and themes and to drive awareness and adoption of programs and initiatives
* Define and drive campaigns and communications to customers, partners, and internal teams to ensure consistent understanding of our initiatives
* Define and develop social media strategy in conjunction with AWS marketing
* Write compelling and effective copy for a variety of audiences and channels including (but not limited to) blogs, newsletters, presentations, executive announcements, and sales collateral
* Propose and execute new ways of creating and distributing communications that expands program awareness and adoption globally
* Track and report content effectiveness metrics to internal stakeholders, as well as continually monitor, analyze and tune messaging to maximize conversion
Amazon is a company operating a marketplace for consumers, sellers, and content creators.