What you'll be doing...
Join our Digital IT team where you will work on new technologies and find ways to meet our customers' needs and make it easy for them to do business with us. You will work with leaders in the Digital team to define the strategic technical vision for the digital practice, evaluate the latest technologies and their fit within the Verizon Digital ecosystem and build POCs with next-generation technologies like AR/VR/MR. In addition, you'll be part of the team taking our digital platforms to the next generation through migration to a cloud native technology stack and addition of AI/ML to enable better customer experience. Our team is close-knit and lean of high performing individuals focused on creating best-in-class solutions. Our work spans everything from Desktop, smartphone and tablet applications for individual customers as well as businesses. Within this space, the group prides itself on its ability to be quick, agile and innovative, and we're looking for a highly motivated individual to join our team.
What we're looking for...
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience with digital technology stack and cloud platforms.
* Experience in IT systems architecture, design and development.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* Experience with Cloud technologies (AWS, PCF, Docker, Kubernetes and application migration.
* Experience with both relational and NoSQL databases (Sqlserver, Cassandra etc).
* Experience implementing open source frameworks & exposure to various open source & package software architectures (AngularJS, ReactJS, Node, Elasticsearch, Spark, Scala, Splunk, Apigee, and Jenkins etc.)
* Experience in full development life cycle and significant experience in delivering applications and architecture services.
* Experience in technologies relating to personalization, recommendations, CRM, content targeting and content management.
* Exposure to data visualization tools like Kibana, Grafana, Tableau and associated architectures.
* Experience dealing with web based security for customer facing applications.
* Knowledge of Adobe Software stacks of Adobe Target, AEM, Site Catalyst, DTM, and AAM preferred.
* Experience evaluating and implementing cutting-edge digital technologies.
* Ability to work well under pressure in a large, complex environment.
* Effective verbal and written communications, problem solving, coordination and strategic planning skills.
* Ability to define, deliver and support cross-channel behavior and customer journey analytics.
* Ability to motivate, influence and collaborate at all levels of a large, complex organization.
* Ability to explain technical information to non-technical users.
* Ability to work closely and productively with design, development, brand and IT teams.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.