This position is part of CDW's Data Center Solutions Practice. We have more than 170 Solution Architects who assist our account team with the solution design, proposal creation and presentation of storage area network and enterprise level data storage design. CDW has partnerships with all major storage vendors including NetApp, EMC, IBM, VMware and Power & Cooling. Nutanix is one of CDW's fastest growing storage vendors. The Solution Architect Team Lead is responsible for working closely with Solution Architects across CDW to assist with technical design and solution selling. The incumbent in this role also assists with complex solutions and/or deals that identified as critical to the success of the CDW Nutanix practice.
Key Areas of Responsibility
* Drive the top 20-30 Deals each quarter for Nutanix to close
* Drive Nutanix Solutions into CDW's largest accounts.
* Develop key go-to-market materials around the products and solutions the Nutanix team supports. These would include technical training curricula, presentations, sell sheets, sizing tools, marketing materials and customer deliverables.
* Lead technical Peer Review sessions
* Contribute senior level experience to strategic customer visits
* Develop and conduct technical team training on our strategic solutions
* Assist with new hire mentoring
* Review and validate vendor trainings and materials
* Recommend to management team and other stakeholders new products and solutions the team should focus
* Review existing products and solutions to ensure we're focusing on the best products for our customers
* Assist with the development of a RFP/RFI process and response development
* Work with our delivery team and focus partners to refine and develop best practices.
* Act as a point of contact to communicate best practices to and from the team.
* Be a subject matter expert about products, applications, technical service, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through the reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical services
* Maintain credible knowledge of competing technologies and solutions
* Work closely with SA's and Team Leads from other practices such as Cisco, HMS, and VMware to maximize sales and delivery synergies and to enhance strategic CDW offerings utilizing Nutanix technologies and offerings such as cloud backup, remote management and Hybrid solutions.
* Understand client business drivers and needs.
* Conduct presentations online and in-person to existing and potential customers.
* Facilitate and perform demos for clients.
* Be responsible for maintaining vendor partner relationship, attend trainings and seminars, and keep sales organization updated on market trends and best practices as they relate to Nutanix solutions.
* Participate in quarterly business reviews with Nutanix and CDW and provide feedback and advice concerning the strategic direction of Nutanix sales across CDW as a whole and insight into critical tactical issues that require attention. Work with Nutanix and distributor to define SLA's and areas of accountability
* Attend CDW led marketing efforts including manufacturer trade/partner shows, regional technology seminars, and sales events. Provide support with speaking engagements when appropriate.
* 60% Customer Focus/ Driving Nutanix Solutions
* 20% Development of ISA's / Deliverable Development (Statement of Work, etc)
* 20% Delivering Presentations at CDW, Vendor, and Industry marketing events
* 5% Activities via conference calls, email, and customer visits
* 5% Personal Development
* Travel as required
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or the equivalent in experience.
* 3 years experience supporting Nutanix Technology
* Ability to travel up to 50% as needed.
* Nutanix Certifications
Other Required Qualifications
* You must be in your current role for at least 12 months with no formal write ups in the last 6 months
* Proven success in a consulting or pre-sales role
* Thorough knowledge of Nutanix products and software.
* Strong interpersonal and presentation skills including consulting skills
* Strong passion for learning and teaching others
* Strong oral and written communication skills. Proven group presentations skills.
* Outgoing personality.
* Motivated and self-starting.
* Ability to think creatively and come up with proactive ideas that will increase sales.
* Strong problem solving skills
* Must be able to communicate effectively and in a constructive manner with management, peers and coworkers.
* Experience in technology sales
* Certifications (Nutanix)
* Experience with converged infrastructure design, flash storage, Hybrid Solutions.
* Experience working in a fast-paced work environment
CDW is a company providing integrated information technology (IT) solutions to business, government, education, and healthcare customers.