At Synchronoss We Transform & Digitize Telecommunications, Media & Technology (TMT) Companies.
We know the TMT space. Our platforms, products, people, and partners help Telecommunications, Media, and Technology companies shift their digital business into high gear. We are helping companies create digital customer journeys that reduce cost, improve consumer satisfaction, and create new revenue.
Operating at scale is a business imperative for Synchronoss. The Solution Architect reports to the Program Manager of Mobility Services. This critical role involves interactions with Synchronoss current and future enterprise clients as well as regular interactions with Engineering and Product teams. The individual holding this rule must be an expert in networking, systems administration, systems management, and a senior level mastery of the enterprise mobility space. The Solution Architect is responsible for oversight of the planning, design, build, configuration, testing and production support of our Enterprise software and hardware platforms. The Solution Architect will be expected to communicate on both the IT administrator level and the Executive level; both via written communication, verbal communication, and via on-site presence when required.
How you will help:
* Advance Synchronoss' image as a trusted enterprise class solution provider.
* Work in close proximity with enterprise clients, engineering, and product teams on a daily basis.
* Ability to learn and understand Synchronoss' complete portfolio of offering's and be able to explain and articulate these offerings to enterprise clients
* Work with clients in a consultative capacity to fully understand their current state of deployment, current mobility challenges, and provide a pathway for success to overcome challenges identified.
* Consultatively interact with clients to provide High Availability / Disaster Recovery (HA/DR) options, explain performance characteristics and system impact analysis, provide and guide clients through exercises related to lowering TCO in a vendor agnostic fashion.
* Identify and prioritize key product line enhancements and developments essential to operate a scalable enterprise solution
* Deliver best practice tools and create relative documentation for successful deployment of Synchronoss' enterprise mobility products.
* Fully understand and be able to articulate all possible deployment scenarios as they relate to multiple other vendors including analysis of current architecture design and ability to make recommendations on future changes.
* Provide technical leadership, guidance, and support in the deployment of complex applications in global distributed computing environments across the project lifecycle.
* Consult with Engineering to fit product to real world enterprise architecture. Conversely identify when it is necessary to modify the application architecture to accommodate infrastructure needs.
Who we have in mind:
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering or Computer Science
* 10+ years experience as a deployment engineer/architect
* Excellent client-facing skills including trouble-shooting, positive energy, ability to think creatively in a problem-solving method.
* Expert level of Linux administration including industry standard deployment and security practices for Java applications running on RHEL/CentOS/Fedora.
* Working knowledge of AWS S3, EC2, and RDS, Postgres.
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft and Microsoft Products, most importantly Active Directory and all related concepts (Sites, Services, DNS, PKI, networking, security policies, domains, groups)
* Strong knowledge of Microsoft Exchange, experience in management, maintenance, design for both on premise and O365 or other hosted email solutions.
* Understanding of iOS, Android, Windows Mobile devices, including basic application communication to backend systems for which these application rely on
* Proven ability to handle escalated situations and bring challenging technical problems to a satisfactory resolution
* Ability to interface with customer onsite both at a technical and executive level
* Proven comprehension of solutions and how they are designed to be integrated into the customer environment
* Extensive troubleshooting skills of solutions and integrations related to consultation, design, deployment, troubleshooting
* Demonstrate creative problem solving and decision making to address complicated business problems
* Ability to develop and mentor Architects, Professional Services consultants, and other technical persons
* Understand and assess how architecture changes resolve customer issues
* Outstanding technical knowledge across the industry and awareness of industry future direction - and able to identify the implications on customers
What we offer:
* Competitive Salary + Bonus
* Flex Time PTO
About Synchronoss Technologies
Synchronoss provides personal cloud solutions and software-based activation for connected devices across the globe.