At Nuance, we empower people with the ability to seamlessly interact with their connected devices and the digital world around them. We are creating a world where technology thinks and acts the way people do by designing the most human, natural, and intuitive ways of interacting with technology.
Our nimble technology uses analytics and advanced algorithms to transform the inanimate into animate and reduce complicated processes into simple ones.
Join our Healthcare team...caring for clinicians the way they care for patients. Beyond words. We create technology that lets clinicians capture and document care quickly and easily so they can focus their attention on their patients.
The Interop Senior Systems Engineer will be responsible for engaging with partners both, internal to Nuance and strategic vendors, to ensure the smooth integration and operation of the Dragon Suite of products in the Healthcare client base. To establish and promote the benefits of partner and client collaboration, work together to create test environments, and work through any issues that arise. The ideal candidate for this role has a strong background with Nuance Dragon product offerings, design and implementation of integrated systems in a healthcare environment, and proven aptitude to resolve issues with tightly integrated environments. Seeking a strong team player, with critical/analytical thinking, outstanding communication and customer service skills, with the ability to lead efforts within a matrix organization stay on task when working independently.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
* Conduct regular collaboration meetings with key partners to keep lines of communication open for any issues that arise and to continually nurture the relationship.
* Create and maintain test environments for Nuance-partner collaboration, including consulting with partners, performing installation and in-depth troubleshooting
* System architectural and workflow design
* Component specification
* Environmental requirements/prerequisites
* Software installation, configuration, and validation
* Create and maintain technical documentation on Nuance-partner product interdependencies and deployment options and constraints
* Work with the teams to create and document implementation procedures; producing high quality technical documentation
* Sufficient knowledge of Healthcare IT operations, responsibilities, workflow processes, and procedures to resolve most technical inquiries independently.
* Serve as an escalation point for partners and Nuance teams for difficult compatibility problems and complex inquiries.
* Provide advanced technical support via telephone, email and site visits to ensure timely response to queries, resolution of problems, and reporting/escalation of unresolved issues.
* Act as cross functional program team representative; gathering and disseminating information to and from product development and engineering teams.
* Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, skills and qualifications:
Education: Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field from an accredited four-year university.
Minimum years of work experience: 5-7 years of professional experience as a Network or Systems Architect/Engineer responsible or the implementation and maintenance of highly integrated systems
Must possess professional experience in the installation, configuration, management and performance monitoring of Microsoft Windows based applications and components.
* Programming and scripting experience - C#, C++
* Project Management experience
* QA/ Test automation
* Virtualization technologies for both Application virtualization as well as server virtualization using Citrix, Vmware.
* Security, Active Directory, Single Sign-On
* Unix /DOS/Windows proficient
* SQL, MSI, push technologies
Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Experience with processes and methodology associated with design, documentation, transition and implementation/integration of systems in a healthcare environment and production experience with Electronic Health Record Systems (EHR/EMR); highly desirable.
* Experience with the Dragon Product Suite
Nuance offers a compelling and rewarding work environment. We offer market competitive salaries, bonus, equity, benefits, meaningful growth and development opportunities and a casual yet technically challenging work environment. Join our dynamic, entrepreneurial team and become part of our continuing success.
Nuance Communication Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, gender identity, sexual orientation and other legally protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement is available here. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process, please call 781-565-5086 - Human Resources Department and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information.
About Nuance Communications
Nuance Communications is a company providing voice recognition and natural language understanding solutions.