The Solution Architect II - Security is a client facing, pre-sales technologist who acts as a value added technical advocate for clients. This role is responsible for understanding clients' business requirements as they pertain to security (including application, cloud, network security, data protection, cryptography, identity and access management, key management), qualifying opportunities, and creating designs that match the requirements with appropriate products, managed and professional services. This role entails collaborating with other Line of Business (LOB) experts as required to address client needs, presenting proposed solutions to the client, ensuring the sale is made, and overseeing the delivery of these solutions.
The Solutions Architect II - Security sells and positions implementation and advisory services primarily in the Security domain, but also understands and advises clients on where other strategic and advisory services (Data Center, Networking, Application Development, etc.) fit their needs.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
* Client Facing Sales Support - Work with sales account team, interfacing directly with clients. Build trusted advisor relationships, understand clients' business challenges and propose solutions. Client facing work will include:
o Advising clients on how to integrate the Six Pillars of Security: Data Protection, Threat & Vulnerability Management, Compliance & Governance, Application Security, Data Center & Cloud Security, and Identity and Access Management, throughout their application and data center infrastructures, as well as into their business processes
o Advising clients on greatest areas of security risk and proposing remediation strategies
o Advising clients on industry standards such as: PCI DSS, ISO, SOX, GLBA, HIPAA, FISMA and NIST frameworks
o Assessing security implications and requirements for introduction of new technologies
* Develop High Level Designs and Architectures - Create and document security architectures that address client business problems and can be used to ensure a smooth transition from presales to delivery * Create Proposals - Develop BOMs (Bill of Materials), Product Quotes, SOWs (Statements Of Work), At-a-glance documents, business cases and RFP responses * Sales Planning - Work with management and sales teams to develop account prioritization and support strategies that will ensure a long term trusted relationship status * Partner Relationship Management - Develop healthy and trusted relationships with key partners in the geography * Billable Consulting - Provide services as part of client projects that are billable, usually in a project oversight mode * Intellectual Property Development - Contribute to the development of intellectual property and industry recognition (white papers, speaking engagements etc.) * Training - Develop and execute a professional plan that will enhance skills * Travel - Travel to/from clients, corporate events and training * Security is every employee's responsibility; if you are aware of a security related vulnerability or non-compliance with the Information Security Policy or Employee Handbook you must report it to the Corporate Security Team, Human Resources, or a member of Senior Management. * Participate at hire and annually in the Information Security Awareness training as well as other required training identified by the Human Resources department. HIPAA or other regulatory training may be required based on your role or assignment
Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Basic Qualifications -
* Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Business or a related field * At least eight (8) years experience in a Security Architect or Engineer role, including at least three (3) years of experience in pre-sales engineering and/or sales in a Systems Integrator, OEM, or similar environment
Other Position Requirements -
* Demonstrated ability to apply security technical background and knowledge to business direction by developing service offerings, go-to-market strategies, business planning, and other activities important to building business * Demonstrated ability to drive sales, sequencing activities and deliverables to the client to value sell, earn trust and enhance margin * Proven experience articulating technical viewpoints to diverse audiences, including technical and business decision makers * Proven ability to evaluate information and make sound technical risk judgements * Demonstrated ability to multitask and to prioritize workload under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment * Demonstrated ability to develop longer-range project plans and schedules to complete complex projects or new solution/product development * Demonstrated ability to perform technical skills/knowledge transfer to client * Demonstrated attention to detail and follow-up skills * Demonstrated leadership, delegation, and personnel management skills * Demonstrated communication and presentation skills, including formal and informal presentations to large and small audiences * Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal direction * Technical writing experience
* Security certifications such as CISSP, Palo Alto, Checkpoint, Symantec (Blue Coat), FireEye, and/or other relevant vendor certifications * Four (4) years billable consulting experience * Three (3) years of experience with leading teams in a Client or consulting project environment * Four (4) years of experience with Client, OEM or VAR based partner management * Experience within SaaS, IaaS, PaaS, and other cloud environments * Knowledge of cloud-native/cloud-friendly authentication mechanisms, such as OAuth, OpenID, and others * Experience with cloud-based service-oriented architectures * Experience working with cloud access security brokers (CASBs), and cloud and security governance tools * Experience with server virtualization technologies
The position exists to provide technical consulting solutions to customers and as such requires the ability to travel to and from customer sites and interact with customers on an ongoing and regular basis.
The above primary duties, responsibilities, and position requirements are not all inclusive.
Sirius will not sponsor work eligibility for this position. Sirius is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity. As a government contractor, Sirius takes affirmative action to employ and advance in employment qualified women, minorities, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans; maintains a drug-free workplace; and participates in E-Verify.
Individuals who receive job offers will be required to complete pre-employment screening that includes a background check verifying name, residences, education, work experience, and criminal convictions consistent with the Fair Credit Reporting Act; and a drug test for controlled substances consistent with the Drug-Free Workplace Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.