Are you passionate about using technology to drive the discovery, development and commercialization of break through medicines? Do you have experience in developing leading technology solutions supporting drug development? Are you looking for an opportunity to utilize your technical and leadership talent to drive technology architecture and implementation in a fast pace innovative environment? You might be the person we are looking for.
As we are embarking into the transformation of our technology landscape to support drug development from Biomarkers to Medical Affairs, we need to design and establish technology solutions that will support our organizational growth globally. The solutions architect for GMDA IT will enable our roadmap by conceptualizing and assembling technology solutions aligned with our enterprise reference architecture. With your deep understanding of business goals, processes and modern architecture you will work on a variety of projects as the technical authority. Working closely with business partners across Medicines Development, IT functional leaders and an extensive network of technology solutions providers you will explore, define and assemble impactful, scalable and cost-effective technology solutions to support all aspect of medicine development and Medical Affairs.
* Serve as the technical architect for the design and implementation of the GMDA roadmap in alignment with our enterprise architecture
* Provide technology oversight and architectural review for all GMDA IT projects
* Research and evaluate emerging technology for drug development
* Assist GMDA business partners in the evaluation and selection of novel technology solutions supporting the drug development process
* Technical literacy: as a technologist you "know your craft", you are fluent with the digital world and can help our business team realize the full potential of modern technology. You have firsthand knowledge of cloud technology, securing data into the cloud, modern architecture patterns (serveless, APIs, data lakes) and can drive architecture definition and implementation. You are very familiar with modern data reference architecture.
* Business knowledge: You have a demonstrated knowledge of business processes for drug development, have worked in a pharma environment extensively, and subscribe to our mission of discovering transformative medicines to help people with serious diseases
* Collaboration: You proactively engage with the GMDA teams, GIS peers, Data Science and Strategy leaders as well as external partners to solve complex problems that require advanced technology capabilities. You are adept at introducing new technologies efficiently, surfacing and managing competing priorities, and developing optimal technology solutions that serve the greater team.
* Ability to deliver: simply put you get things done. You do not hesitate to dive in and work alongside your team to drive projects to success. You can effectively manage a distributed or virtual team, juggle multiple efforts simultaneously, and deliver integrated solutions which serve multiple GMDA customers.
* MS or PhD in Science or Engineering, with a concentration on data subjects (stats, data science) preferred
* 10+ years of overall work experience and definite experience in drug development, translational medicine and data science.
* Proven knowledge of AWS data and analytics stack, interoperability standards (CDISC, FHIR,OMOP etc.), and standard analytics platforms: R, Python, SAS
* Demonstrated application of emerging technologies (augmented analytics, RPA, AI/ML, etc.) in a regulated environment
* Bring an entrepreneurial and ethical mindset, openness, transparency, and collegiality to your work
* Able to thrive in a fast-paced environment with uncertainty.
About Vertex Pharmaceuticals
Vertex Pharmaceuticals is focused on the discovery and development of small molecule drugs for the treatment of serious diseases.