Aon is looking for a Solution Architect/Administrator
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting risk, in Boston, MA.
Your impact as a Solution Architect/Administrator
The launch of Aon's Intellectual Property Solutions in May 2018 represents Aon's commitment to helping clients navigate the complex and difficult intellectual property space. We have assembled a world class team of IP professionals to meet the rapidly increasing demand. The team includes IP experts, data scientists and other analysts, and technology professionals. With the continued development of our proprietary technology tools and platform, along with our continued technical consulting work, we have an immediate need to integrate, improve, and manage our technical infrastructure. We expect this position to interact with Aon's large global IT team on a regular basis. This position will be at a senior level and require deep IT experience, excellent communication skills, and the ability to interface with people from all areas and levels of the company.
* Primary support of Mac laptops and Linux VM desktops and servers.
* Administer group file server (Dell/EMC OneFS) and virtualization server (Cisco UCS / VMWare vSphere)
* Managing IT support queue for local group, help with escalation to larger Aon IT, managing up to one additional IT support resource.
* Hardware maintenance.
* Server patches.
* Manage backup strategy.
* Maintain CentOS desktop VM images
* Phone support.
* Assist team with various IT projects.
* Supporting Oracle RAC on a Redhat/Oracle Linux operating Systems
* Working Knowledge of EMC Storage arrays, Pure Storage arrays and Multipathing.
* Working Knowledge of ESX 5.1,5.5, 6.0 and 6.5
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
* 5-10 years relevant IT Management experience
* Desktop Windows, Linux, and Mac administration.
* Server administration of CentOS/Red Hat.
* Experience with Enterprise Windows architecture (Active Directory, Samba), Kerberos, LDAP, NFS, VLANs
* Experience with AWS, Azure.
* Experience with TCP/IP networking, DHCP, DNS, etc.
* Shell programming (bash/csh/ksh/etc.).
* Python and/or Perl.
* Excellent communication and documentation skills.
* PostgreSQL and/or MySQL.
* SaltStack and JAMF configuration management tools.
* Administering Atlassian services (JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket).
* Familiarity with DevOps - Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment Processes
* Familiarity with container management and orchestration (Kubernetes, Docker)
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent years of industry experience.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Job number: 2452519
Category: IT Management
Location: United States, MA, Boston
Aon provides professional services, including a range of risk, retirement, and health solutions.