Bank of Montreal (BMO)
As a member of the BMO Harris Technology Strategy and Solutions team, the solution architect, primarily:
* Leads end-to-end technology solutions and high-level designs for key initiatives in collaboration with other architects and in alignment with bank's target architecture and standards
* Contributes to technology strategy and roadmaps of business functional areas - deposits, cards, payments, operations, customer experience, analytics
* Establishes as a technology solution expert in one or more of the banking domains to advise Lead Technology Officers and their business leaders in solving business problems
* Solution/Integration architect, who works with other architects including enterprise architects, leads with all aspects solution architecture and design of multiple projects in alignment with the bank's target architecture and standards
* Solution Architect with the following experience:
* All aspects of solution function/data placement, end to end design & integration oversight,
* Able to relate to end-to-end business processes into solutions
* Data placement and data integration background
* Strong application security/infrastructure, & deployment exposure
* Java and enterprise-level Application Architecture Experience
* Experience with services management (web services, REST, Web API, ESB, message-based) development, integration and deployment
* Previous Development experience
* Multi-vendor integration design including infrastructure experience
* Service-Oriented Architecture and recent digital/mobile architecture experience
* Technical facilitator bringing various technology groups and vendors for solution design and execution to meet project timeline but keeping strategic focus
* MUST be able to document solution proposals (e.g. solution options sequence diagrams, conceptual diagrams) to get agreement from Security, Infrastructure, Enterprise Architecture, etc.
* Resolve issues as they arise
* Produce project level and program level technical documentations (solution options, solution architecture, high-level end-to-end design flow) collaborating with other technical leads
* Assists with and contributes to function area-specific target architecture, transition architectures, and technology roadmap
* Leads or assist with new technology evaluation against BMO target architecture and standards to solve business problems
* Ability to learn/internalize existing information to assist several projects effectively and immediately
* Strong written / verbal communication skills and comfortable interacting with developers all the way up to the "C" level
* Banking solution experience is desirable
* The person will be working on multiple projects (3 to 4) at the same time in different functional areas of the Bank (e.g., Channels, Sales/Marketing/CRM, Commercial Lending, Collections)
* 10 years of IT experience with minimum 6 years of solution architecture experience
* University degree
We're here to help
At BMO Harris Bank we have a shared purpose; we put the customer at the center of everything we do - helping people is in our DNA. For 200 years we have thought about the future-the future of our customers, our communities and our people. We help our customers and our communities by working together, innovating and pushing boundaries to bring them our very best every day. Together we're changing the way people think about a bank.
As a member of the BMO Harris Bank team you are valued, respected and heard, and you have more ways to grow and make an impact. We strive to help you make an impact from day one - for yourself and our customers. We'll support you with the tools and resources you need to reach new milestones, as you help our customers reach theirs. From in-depth training and coaching, to manager support and network-building opportunities, we'll help you gain valuable experience, and broaden your skillset.
To find out more visit us at https://bmoharriscareers.com.
BMO Harris Bank is committed to an inclusive, equitable and accessible workplace. By learning from each other's differences, we gain strength through our people and our perspectives. BMO Harris Bank N.A. is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. To request accommodation, please contact your recruiter.
About Bank of Montreal (BMO)
Bank of Montreal is a financial services provider that offers retail banking, wealth management and investment banking products and solutions.