At Northrop Grumman, our employees have incredible opportunities to work on revolutionary systems in air and space that impact people's lives around the world today, and for generations to come. Our work preserves freedom and democracy, and advances human discovery and our understanding of the universe. We look for people who have bold new ideas, courage and a pioneering spirit to join forces to invent the future, and have a lot of fun along the way. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work - and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history.
Northrop Grumman Aerospace Systems has an opening for a Solaris/Storage Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Rancho Bernardo, CA.
* Developing engineering documentation for system configuration
* Executing engineering projects on schedule.
* Collaborate with engineers to generate and redline documented procedures and troubleshoot.
* Implement engineering changes to the system as required
* Responsible for integrating and testing software and/or hardware systems in complex IT systems.
* Work closely with Engineers and Technicians in a lab environment.
* Good planning, coordination, and documentation skills are required.
The selected candidate should thrive in a fast-paced work environment with high expectations, significantly diverse assignments, collaborative/team settings across all levels.
* Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline from an accredited university and 2 years of STEM related experience, or a Master's Degree and 0 years of experience.
* The ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Top Secret clearance and the ability to be accessed to a Special Access Program.
* Ability to develop and maintain Bash and Python scripts
* Familiarity with storage systems and basic networking
* Familiarity with version control and SVN
* Ability to author and maintain technical installation, configuration, and update procedures
* Ability to document and maintain system configurations
* Ability to provide engineering technical support for peer teams
* Ability to engineer and test new technical solutions and/or bug fixes in lab environments
* Familiarity with VMware and high-availability virtualized infrastructures
* Ability to maintain COTS Hardware and Software configuration matrix
* Ability to script deployments of Solaris 10 and 11 operating systems
* Ability to automate installation of COTS software
* Ability to implement engineering changes to the system as required
* Ability to maintain compatibility with existing architectures when implementing system enhancements
* Ability to release CM controlled documentation, scripts, and COTS software media
Experience with the following technologies also desired/helpful:
* Solaris 10 and 11, Oracle OEM
* Microsoft Windows Server, Microsoft Windows, Active Directory, Windows Server Update Services
* VMware ESXi, VMware vCenter
* Sphinx, reST, Python, YAML, Jinja
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
About Northrop Grumman
Northrop Grumman is a provider of autonomous systems, strike, logistics, C4ISR and cyber solutions for government and commercial customers.