Req #: 222591
Location: Washington, DC US
Job Category: Engineering
Minimum Security Clearance: Public Trust
The Software Tester will be responsible for establishing an automated framework for project integration, patch releases, and architectural design. Candidate will be expected to create, deliver, and maintain an overall test plan and test scenarios to include the methodology, approach, techniques, types of tests to be performed, and plan for conducting unit/component testing, integration testing, regression testing, performance testing, and user acceptance testing for all new integration and/or design projects.
What You'll Get to Do:
* Execute unit/component test procedures for all project components, create and execute integration test procedures, execute regression tests, coordinate and execute user acceptance testing, and create and execute performance tests. Components include applications, modules not part of an application, user interfaces
* Conduct component integration testing, which should include such items as performance and throughput benchmarking, fault tolerance, interface compliance, and functional completeness
* Support current production system break/fix and enhancement efforts to include requirements review, test formulation, test scenario preparation, test execution, and test summary preparation
* Document and analyze test results, produce status reports, and assist with the defect management process
* Ability to perform requirement analysis and work independently to create test products test plans, test cases, test reports of good quality
* Assist with technical artifacts including the Requirements Traceability Matrix, Use Cases, User Interface Specifications and migration plans
* Accurately estimate testing efforts for project planning and tracking and provide input to project(s) master schedule
* Collect and report testing results to the architecture team and stakeholders on a regular basis
* Monitor defects so that they progress a timely manner and adhere to the defect tracking process/standards and ensure they are adequately retested when fixed
* Run performance benchmarks, conduct performance tuning and building capacity planning models
* Identify potential testing or work product improvements
* Provide informal demonstrations to staff and customers in conjunction with efforts
* Provide data re-processing testing and validation metrics
* Document and track defects and change requests; provide input to and participate in the CCB process; capture and report defect metrics
* Drive and implement automation process improvement items
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
* Experience setting up test environments, executing test cases, and tracking defects
* Working experience with component, application, integration, and performance testing procedures and criteria
* Working experience in defining acceptance criteria and coordinating and executing acceptance testing
* Understanding of automated testing tools to include HP Quality Center, QuickTest Professional (QTP), LoadRunner, etc.
* Automation best practices strongly desired
* Working experience in requirements traceability
* Working experience with creating and executing test plans and procedures and documenting the expected and actual results
* Hands-on experience in developing testing artifacts (performance test scripts, scenarios, monitors)
* Ability to diagnose complicated performance issues based on analysis of performance tests execution results (Load, Stress, Scalability) and come up with recommendations for solutions
* Experience working with multiple teams and coordinating automation testing efforts for various integration projects
* Demonstrated initiative and ability to start, develop, and complete short and long term projects
* Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness in the implementation of project specifications and design requirements
What We Can Offer You:
* We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.