Software Test Manager
Lucid's mission is to inspire the adoption of sustainable energy by creating the most captivating luxury electric vehicles, centered around the human experience. We constantly seek talented, motivated individuals possessing a proven track record of excellence to join our team. Become part of a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to transform the automotive and mobility industry.
Working at Lucid Motors means being part of a shared vision, where we work together to produce the mobility solutions that will shape future transportation. To do so, we're looking for a Software Test Manager - you will be responsible for managing a group of test engineers and lead the design and implementation of test procedures and environments as well as the definition of test cases and automation sequences. Our ideal candidate exhibits a can-do attitude and approaches his or her work with vigor and determination. Candidates will be expected to demonstrate excellence in their respective fields, to possess the ability to learn quickly and to strive for perfection within a fast-paced environment.
* Lead the test process to implement test standards, best practices and workflows as required
* Own the test process of ECU and System integration involving Model In the Loop (MIL), Hardware In the Loop (HIL) and other test environments
* Collaborate with Controls, Software and other Design engineers, create test cases and derive test procedures / sequences based on requirements and feature listings
* Lead test automation strategy/efforts where possible, develop scripts (MATLAB, Python etc.) to perform automated testing cycles
* Support any qualification of test setups necessary to validate results
* Work with vendors to understand and solve issues and lead the development of custom tools
* Jointly own approval of test software, test procedures and test cases with product and controls/design engineers and perform test setup / software validation testing during the off-hours maintenance windows
* Configure test setups and test runs according to the test plan
* Support test runs at various levels of integration, support test software during test and document test results
* Report and escalate issues as appropriate and participate in triaging of issues with different teams.
* Participate in the design of a world class engineering effort to bring electric vehicles to a new level of refinement
* 5+ years of experience in model based design and testing workflows with automotive software
* Hands on experience in safety critical software development and testing methods - requirements to source code
* Experience in developing and maintaining MIL, HIL, system verification test cases and test infrastructure
* Experience with MATLAB, Simulink, Simulink Design Verifier, Simulink Test Suite
* Experience in building and using HIL test setups (Speedgoat, dSpace, OpalRT and their relevant tools), system level test benches and CAN / LIN / Automotive Ethernet network verification tools (e.g. CANoe, CANalyzer, VehSpy etc.)
* Expert knowledge in test automation and scripting languages and tools (MATLAB, Python, Jenkins, ECU-Test, AutomationDesk or similar)
* Experience in plant modeling (Electrical Motors, High Voltage Battery Systems, Vehicle Dynamics and Thermal System) - you deeply understand mechanical and electrical systems
* The ability to build stuff with your hands
* Electric vehicle systems
* Failure analysis methodology and documents (FMEA, Fault trees etc.)
* Static Code Analysis Tools (polyspace or similar)
* Bachelor of Science, in the areas of Mechanical, Electrical, Manufacturing, Automotive, Computer Science, or other related fields.
Be part of something amazing:
Come work alongside some of the best and most accomplished minds in the industry. Based in the heart of Silicon Valley, California, Lucid Motors is making significant breakthroughs in clean technology.
Beyond providing competitive salaries, we're providing a community for the brilliant minds who want to make an immediate and significant impact. If you want to actively work towards creating a better, sustainable future, we'd love to have you join our team!
Lucid Motors is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, national or ethnic origin, age, religion, disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, marital status, and any other characteristic protected under applicable State or Federal laws and regulations.
At Lucid, we don't just welcome diversity - we celebrate the differences that make up our team, our products, and our community.
About Lucid Motors
Lucid Motors is a company designing and manufacturing electric vehicles.