The Software Test Engineer is instrumental in testing, verifying, and validating embedded software/firmware for ICU Medical products.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* Develop test scenarios and test cases based on requirements and an understanding of business process and application structure * Conduct functional, regression, and performance testing of applications * Properly judge test outcomes to determine pass/fail status and clearly document findings in Test Reports * Log and track defects and bugs discovered during testing * Participate in test protocol reviews; evaluate for test coverage and adequacy * Collaborate with R&D engineers to resolve issues and to ensure that features function correctly * Review and document test specifications and results; ensure records are maintained per standard procedures * Support submission of written reports, test protocols, and engineering documentation for testing of products * Work on special assignments as they arise
Knowledge, Skills & Qualifications
* Knowledge of software development life cycles * Ability to fully support R&D group and Quality department by building quality into all aspects of work and by maintaining compliance to all standard operating procedures * Excellent verbal and written communication skills * Strong documentation skills and attention to detail * Strong analytical and problem solving skills * Able to work quickly and effectively under pressure and to efficiently deal with multiple priorities simultaneously * Proficient in Excel, Word, and Outlook
Education and Experience
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering or a related field from an accredited college or university * Minimum 5 years of experience testing software * Programming skills and experience with programming languages, scripting languages, compilers, debuggers, test automation systems, and bug tracking systems * Experience with embedded firmware * Experience reading schematics and using electronic test equipment * Industry experience in medical device or embedded device design/test * Experience working in an FDA regulated environment is preferred
* Must be 18 years of age * Must pass pre-employment drug screen and background check
* Typically requires travel less than 5% of the time
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, Female/Minority/Veterans/Disabled/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
About ICU Medical
ICU Medical is a medical device company that provides the infusion therapy, oncology, and critical care products.