What does it take to make the world a safer place? It takes delivering innovative technology and collaborating with some of the finest talent in the engineering field. Whether you're a software engineer or a mechanical engineer, at Raytheon you'll grow a varied and rewarding career. And you'll be supported with a comprehensive and competitive benefits package that promotes work/life. If you're ready to take on today's big challenges, discover a world of opportunity at Raytheon.
* America's Best Large Employers by Forbes
* Career & Development Opportunities
* Entry, Mid, Senior level
Back to Job Navigation (Overview)
Raytheon Pasadena is seeking highly motivated Software Test Engineer to support an exciting project for our JPL/NASA customer. The selected candidate will perform all levels of testing per established procedures and requirements as directed by the Test Team Leader.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
* Perform all levels of testing (functional, integrated, regression, and end-to-end) per documented procedures, system requirements, and uses cases
* Provide full documentation for all testing performed, including test procedures and a final test report
* Learn to execute and maintain automated testing applications
* Attend regular technical meetings to assess work assignments and scheduling
Education and Years of Experience
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, or similar technical discipline with typically a minimum of 2 years of related experience
* Minimum of two years testing experience
* Experience documenting Test Plans and Test Cases
* Able to use Linux/Unix with scripting language (python, csh, perl, etc.)
* Experience building SQL queries
* Experience with and understanding of the software testing standard concepts, such as requirements verification, configuration management, and unit testing through acceptance testing
* Experience with at least one test automation tool and/or frameworks, such as Selenium, Postman, Jmeter, SoapUI, etc
* Highly motivated and self-starting; ability to work well in a team environment
* Strong written and oral communication skills
* Ability to develop script to support the automation of basic regression and functionality testing
* Able to develop test cases and execute manual test case procedures utilizing TestRail or similar test tracking tool
* Experience in Python, SQL and/or csh
* Familiarity with team collaboration and configuration management tools such as Subversion, Jira, Confluence, and Redmine
* Experience in automating processes using design, implementation and testing of scripts
* Familiarity with AWS and cloud environment
* Basic technical understanding of Object-Oriented Programing (C, C++, Java, etc.), Databases (Oracle/MySQL), SysML/UML modeling languages, and MathLab
* Fast learner, with ability to quickly adapt to new technology, software and changing focus
* Familiar with Agile development methodology
The candidate will be required to work in Pasadena CA
This position requires a U.S. Person who is eligible to obtain any required Export Authorization. 141984BR 141984
Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Intelligence, Information and Services delivers innovative technology to make the world a safer place. Our expertise in cyber, analytics and automation allow us to reach beyond what others think is possible to underpin national security and give our global customers unique solutions to solve the most pressing modern challenges -- from the cyber domain to automated operations, and from intelligent transportation and training solutions to creating clear insight from large volumes of data. IIS operates at nearly 550 sites in 80 countries, and is headquartered in Dulles, Virginia. The business area generated $6.2 billion in 2018 revenues. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
None / Not Required
Type Of Job
CA - Pasadena
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a technology company, which specializes in defense and other government markets.