Do you get bored or antsy if you aren't challenged on a daily basis? Do you enjoy solving problems and taking ownership while making a difference? Do you love finding groundbreaking solutions that no one has ever thought of before?
TrellisWare Technologies is looking for a full-time SW Test engineer in San Diego.
We have technologies that stretch limits and employees that push boundaries. We provide communication solutions and innovations when nothing else works. Our top talents enjoy a 'work hard, play hard' environment and are solvers.
Spend your days working on next generation self-networking hand-held radios for our Special Forces or help create new modem technologies for the toughest communication problems in areas such as HF, Free Space Optics, and interference mitigation. A typical day might start with you working in our state of the art test labs verifying and validating the latest advanced radio systems with automated test systems, emulators and advanced test equipment. You'll work hand in hand with the SW developers to ensure reliable and stable SW builds are provided on a consistent release train. Reward yourself every day by enjoying our three fully-stocked breakrooms with endless goodies, company-paid gym memberships and more.
This job might be for you if:
* You can think on your feet. You are analytical, pay attention to detail and are able to communicate your thought process both written and verbally.
* You thrive in a collaborative and team oriented environment.
* You have a curiosity to know how things work and passion to learn. You want to know why something fails to work and the initiative to fix it.
* You want to work as an experienced SW Test Engineer in product and technology development programs focusing on SW/HW design integration, verification and validation. You will be responsible for specifying, designing, planning, reporting, and testing the latest and greatest SW releases.
You are knowledgeable of:
* Experience programming in VB.NET, Python, and C in a product development environment.
* Extensive experience in automated test case design and execution.
* Ability to generate a test plan from engineering designs and subsequently develop and support a system of software test code for units under test including the development of a test database.
* Experience with Object-oriented design, data link layer and device drivers as well as ARM based processors.
* Common embedded Linux development tools (i.e. compilers, linkers and debuggers) and Linux subsystems.
* Technical Knowledge of wireless telecommunications and cellular radio systems standards (FDMA, TDMA).
* Fundamental knowledge of RF Technology, Radio Design and RF Test Equipment.
* Knowledge of the OSI 7 layers model. Advanced knowledge of layers 2, 3 & 4 -7 desirable.
* Ability to use Windows, Linux GUI and command line tools for software installation and diagnostics. Shell scripting or more advanced programming skills a plus.
* Excellent Oral and Written Communication Skills, Detailed Oriented, Analytical, Problem Solving, Strong Planning and Organizing.
It would be extra awesome if you had:
* Experience and/or knowledge of Mobile Ad-hoc Networked (MANET) radios and military communications.
* Experience using test equipment such as spectrum analyzers, oscilloscopes, signal generators, radio emulators, network analyzers, rf switch matrixes, and multimeters.
* An understanding of C++.
* Experience with Networking, IP, TCP, UDP.
Your essential duties and responsibilities will be:
* Test, Evaluate and Analyze SW/HW integrated wireless communication systems. Focus on SW continuous integration testing. Ensure stable and reliable SW builds are released to product development and test teams.
* Design, develop, and continuously evolve the SW test automation capabilities and coverage
* Support systems engineering of TrellisWare proprietary technologies and standards to design, document, and execute test cases.
* Top level log analysis, debugging and troubleshooting of SW functional and performance issues.
* Support SW error triaging (reproducibility, logging, root cause analysis).
* Summarize SW test data and publish results to R&D.
* Assessment of performance benchmarking and trends to reference devices/releases.
* Contribute to process improvement and planning for the SW Test Team.
* Support development of test environment setup, configuration, and automation.
* Able to frequently sit, stand, walk, use hands to fingers, handle or feel, reach within hands and arms length, stoop, kneel, and crouch, talk and hear.
* Regularly required to sit for extended periods of time; frequently required to use office equipment such as PC, printer, telephone, etc.
* Able to regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds.
* Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with qualified disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Additional Requirements:
* U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Residency Required.
* BSCE/BSCS, Telecommunication/Wireless Communications Theory.
* Relevant test experience.
* Wireless communications experience.
* Entry to mid-level candidates encouraged to apply.
TrellisWare Technologies, Inc. is an EEO/AA/Disability/Vets Employer.
DISCLAIMER: The above statements are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Nothing in the job description restricts the company's right to change, assign, or reassign duties and responsibilities at any time for any reason.