Hardware and Home Improvement (HHI) is a major manufacturer and supplier of residential locksets, residential builders\' hardware, faucets, and commercial locksets and doors, with a portfolio of renowned brands, including Kwikset®, Weiser®, Baldwin®, National Hardware®, Stanley®, FANAL®, Pfister™, EZSET®, and Tell. HHI is a leader in its key markets with #1 positions in U.S. residential locksets (Kwikset), Canada residential locksets (Weiser), U.S. luxury locksets (Baldwin), and U.S. builders\' hardware (Stanley-National Hardware), #2 in Mexico residential hardware (Fanal), #3 in U.S. retail plumbing (Pfister), and #1 in U.S. retail commercial locksets. Headquartered in Orange County, California, HHI has a global sales force and operates manufacturing and distribution facilities in the U.S., Canada, Mexico and Asia. HHI is a division of Spectrum Brands Holdings, Inc.
The Software Project Manager is a key member of the Engineering team leading development efforts for the ecosystem of Consumer Smart Locks which includes Cloud, Mobile Apps, Embedded Software (Firmware) and Hardware Devices (Smart Locks). You will be working on our existing AWS cloud IoT Application in developing new products and sustaining existing ones. As the Software Project Manager, you will work closely with the projects' leaders, engineering teams, external and internal partners to help guide the short-term and long-term plans to deliver against the requirements. You will have to balance managing new products and products that are already in the market.
The ideal candidate is someone who started their career as a software developer and continued to gain different types of software engineering experience in technologies, tools and processes. At some point, the candidate was a solution architect, software lead and mentor to other. Eventually, the candidate has moved into software technical project management and/or program management.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities
* (40%) Work closely with stakeholders to plan project approach, detailed plan/schedule and execution while balancing scope, schedule and budget.
* (15%) Create, manage and groom the backlog that aligns with overall projects' plans/priorities; address risks, issues and dependencies early to keep all teams moving forward
* (10%) Provide sound technical leadership and guidance for the solution/architecture/technical choice points, conduct design/code reviews as needed and engage in problem solving
* (10%) Responsible for the overall delivery of the high-quality software solution - Cloud, Mobile, Embedded Software - from internal and external partners, and obtain alignment from all internal stakeholders.
* (5%) Develop/lead the implementation of software development processes to software related to IoT Cloud, mobile applications, embedded software and hardware integration
* (5%) Manage all software engagements and set expectations with all internal and external development partners
* (5%) Ensure adherence to aligned development, execution and testing processes by using the appropriate and relevant tools and methodologies (ex. Agile/Scrum, DevOps, Jira..etc)
* (5%) Create a delivery roadmap(s) to efficiently deliver new products and on-going improvements and enhancements for deployed solutions.
* (5%) Report project status, challenges, risks and potential solutions with internal and external teams and different levels of the organization both technical and non-technical audiences.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities
* Other duties as required by supervisor.
Education and Experience Profile
* BS or MS Degree in Computer Science or Computer Engineering
* 7+ years of professional software development experience
* 2+ years of software project management experience
* Software Project Management experience delivering scalable software and/or consumer IoT projects
* Experience developing cloud software services and/or mobile applications and the understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
* Deep understanding on IoT Ecosystem and Platforms for Consumer and/or Industrial domains
* Experience in Software Development Life Cycles: agile/waterfall/mixed delivery projects
* Experience with software agile processes, version controls, testing and defect tracking management
* Strong Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm designs, systems, data structures
* Demonstrated experience delivering software projects successfully and managing concurrent projects
* Demonstrated experiences as a software developer/lead with progressive responsibilities over time
* Programming experience in one or more languages (i.e. Java, Python, C/C++, Swift…)
* Ability to engage, lead and work with internal and 3rd party developers on-shore and off-shore
* Strong communication skills both written and oral and able to cater message to different technical or non-technical audiences
* Strong sense of urgency and ownership.
* Passionate, flexible, collaborative, works independently, sets own goals and has a "can-do" positive attitude
* Excellent documentation practices
* Some travel is required
Additional Desired Skills
* Experience as a scrum master
* Experience delivering software projects of the Smarthome category where cloud, iOS/Android apps, firmware and hardware are part of the solution
* Experience as a people manager with different disciplines
* Exposure to functional, integration and unit testing
* Familiar with hardware or embedded firmware and cloud or mobile dependencies.
* Experience designing and developing systems that integrate data from third-party applications using available APIs
Working conditions are normal for an office environment.
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this job/classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Spectrum Brands is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
You will be joining the Hardware & Home Improvement (HHI) Business within the Spectrum Brands Company (Stock Symbol: SPB) located in Lake Forest, California. HHI is a leading global provider of well-known brands such as Kwikset, Baldwin, Weiser, Pfister and National Hardware among others.
HHI brings several decades of mechanical door lock expertise while incorporating electronics and wireless solutions over the past decade. We continue to release new products into the market with Zwave, Zigbee, Homekit, Bluetooth, WiFi or non-connected solutions. Some of the most recent introductions are Aura (Bluetooth Deadbolt), Premis Deadbolt (Apple Homekit), Obsidian (keyless Deadbolt) and others. The Smart Home and Internet-of-Things (IoT) are rapidly evolving and growing, HHI is positioned well with number one brands in North America to lead and continue the tradition of delivering valuable solutions to our customers. As part of a world-class Engineering team, you will play a critical role in the development of the new solutions that deliver our customers great new products with exceptional experiences.
If you are a "technical hands-on" and "roll-up your sleeves" kind of technical leader with the passion and drive to make a difference in people's lives, then you will enjoy our journey with great deal of fun.