Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
M&A Technical Diligence & Integration Technical Lead:
The Mergers & Acquisition (M&A) Technical Diligence & Integration Technical Lead supports M&A technical diligence and integration activities by developing and improving tools and processes used by Corporate Architecture M&A team.
The M&A Technical Diligence & Integration Technical Lead is also responsible for developing tools to automate tracking of various Corporate Architecture initiatives.
While carrying out these responsibilities, the M&A Technical Diligence & Integration Technical Lead will interact with technical staff from Oracle Development and Oracle Labs, Oracle's Corporate Development (M&A) team, Oracle's M&A and IP attorneys as well as engineers and other staff from potential acquisition targets.
This is an individual contributor role, at IC3/IC4 career level.
Oracle HQ location required.
The M&A Technical Diligence & Integration Technical Lead will:
* Lead development of internal tools to support key Corporate Architecture initiatives, including
* Automating and improving Corporate Architecture tracking initiatives such as M&A integration milestones, diligence deliverables and 3rd party approvals, ensuring that these key deliverables are documented and followed up in timely manner
* Developing and improving Corporate Architecture M&A toolsets that include Machine learning and Natural Language Processing application
* Support inbound Open Source analysis process during technical due diligence
* Become an expert on the interpretation of the output of automated source-code analysis tools, and advise Development and Legal regarding the output.
* Help Development and Legal reach a common understanding of the intellectual property implications of third-party component use.
* Evaluate and maintain various tools (including 3rd party tools) used for code analysis and third party technology identification
The successful candidate must be:
* Technically proficient
* Able to understand the technical implications of third-party component use and able to comprehend source code written in a wide variety of 3GL's and development environments.
* Understanding of or experience in Machine Learning and Natural Language Processing is preferred, but not required
* Detail-oriented, very organized, and committed to complete follow through.
* Excellent verbal and written communicators; able to comfortably, succinctly, and accurately summarize complex issues in front of Oracle executive management
* Able to handle multiple, sometimes conflicting priorities under inflexible time constraints.
* Highly responsive, timely, professional and positive in communications with Oracle and third parties.
* Experienced with general-purpose office automation software (e.g. Excel) as well as programmer-focused tools that could be used to automate data-intensive tasks.
The Corporate Architecture Group (CAG) provides architectural vision, leadership and coordination to the Product Division, to ensure that Oracle's products realize the company's vision and strategy, that required technologies are acquired or built and then shared as needed, and that cross-group efforts proceed smoothly and produce a well-integrated result.
The CAG also advises Oracle's internal operations and business functions on technical matters - e.g. Corporate Development (M&A), Information Security, Legal, etc.
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.