The Software Support Specialist, eSolutions provides software support for Tyler clients in the use, functionality, and understanding of our products and databases. They also ensure timely resolution of easy-moderate client software issues through data analysis and functionality troubleshooting using multiple development tools, best practice communication, team coordinated testing, and other available tools for resolving issues. The Software Support Specialist, eSolutions is expected to continually grow and expand knowledge of the product. The incumbent must be available to work a shift between 7 AM and 7 PM, Monday thru Friday; additionally works one Saturday per month and occasional after hours support for system upgrades.
* Provides inbound phone, web or email software support to resolve easy-moderate client inquiries and problems effectively and efficiently.
* Analyzes data reports, forms, and web technologies.
* Uses and programs SQL to resolve basic to moderate issues.
* Responsibly communicates to all parties involved in issue resolution to meet and manage client expectations.
* Uses Tyler's client management system to create, track, and/or update details on the specifics of client issue(s).
* May assist with writing estimates for software modification specifications and documentation of support processes.
* May submit client issues to development team for resolution as needed.
* Performs Quality Assurance testing for software module upgrades/changes. Analyzes results to ensure that software performs as required.
* May provide training to client end-users (typically via webinar).
* Creates or enhances documentation throughout the support process.
* Contributes to company knowledge library and/or Tyler Community.
* May participate in Early Adopter activities.
* May participate in User Group meetings and activities.
* Commits to expanding technological skills and knowledge of the Tyler products.
* Demonstrates awareness of and adherence to Company policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook. These include, but are not limited to, Safety, Equal Employment Opportunity, Business Ethics, and Anti-Harassment policies.
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Occasional travel (0-20%) for on-site support. Demonstrates awareness of and adherence to Company policies as outlined in the Employee Handbook. These include, but are not limited to, Safety, Equal Employment Opportunity, Business Ethics, and Anti-Harassment policies.
* A minimum of 12 months previous experience required in an Associate Software Support Specialist position, or in a position which demonstrates systems knowledge and experience.
* Excellent interpersonal skills.
* Exceptional customer service aptitude required.
* Effective decision making and problem solving skills involving troubleshooting basic to moderate issues.
* Strong organizational skills.
* Effective analytical ability, particularly in a technical environment.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
* Basic knowledge and understanding of database structures including fields, tables, views, database objects, etc.
* Proficiency in SQL required.
* Basic understanding of XML, especially excel.
* Knowledgeable with Microsoft Office.
* Knowledge and understanding of software development tools is a plus.
About Tyler Technologies
Tyler Technologies is a company that provides integrated information management solutions and services for the public sector, with a focus on local governments.