At Salsa, we're not your typical SaaS company - we represent a community of more than 3,000 nonprofit organizations. We support our clients' efforts to do everything from ending hunger to eliminating nuclear weapons to providing playgrounds for children. We want our clients to use our software to change the world - and to do that, we need dedicated, energetic Software Support Specialist to show them the ropes and provide exceptional tech support via phone, email and chat.
* Navigate communication over email, chat and phone channels to quickly answer questions and resolve both technical and non-technical problems with our nonprofit clients
* Diffuse tense situations and put customers at ease
* Lead conversations with our clients about the solutions our email and fundraising software tools offer
* Represent yourself as a non-profit advocate to our clients to help them continue to be successful year over year
* Leverage critical thinking skills to implement out of the box solutions and solve customer tickets
* Strive for one-call resolution, following up with customers as needed on outstanding support tickets to bring tickets to close and ensure client requests are responded to
* Clearly communicate bugs or feature requests to development team to ensure we are fixing the right problems and releasing awesome changes
* Take customer support calls during scheduled call shift
* Direct clients to online training and job aid resources when applicable
* Update client tickets and notes within Jira and Zendesk ticketing systems
* Maintain high customer satisfaction and quality scores as outlined by management
NOTE: Our standard support hours are from 8am - 8pm EST. This position entails working an evening shift from 11am - 8pm EST (10am - 7pm CST) Monday through Friday.
What We're Looking for:
* A passion for web technology. Not only using it in your day-to-day life, but understanding how it impacts businesses, and specifically, nonprofit organizations.
* You're a multi-tasker. We are a fast-paced software company that iterates quickly to ensure that our nonprofit clients are successful.
* Experience working in an email ticketing system such as Zendesk, Freshdesk, Intercom, etc.
* You're familiar with project management tools like JIRA, Confluence, etc.
* Minimum 1 year experience providing customer service or technical support for a tech product via phone, email and/or chat
* Exceptional organizational skills that allow you to work under strict deadlines and quickly prioritize tasks
* Impeccable attention to detail, particularly with written communications
* Bonus points if you have experience with HTML/CSS in a troubleshooting or design role
* Extra bonus points if you've worked in a nonprofit and understand the hurdles they experience with leveraging software and online technologies.
Benefits of Working at Salsa Labs:
Aside from working with smart, passionate Salsa employees, having uncapped growth potential and an awesome work/life balance, this position includes a competitive suite of benefits. Benefits include health, dental and vision insurance, 401K with immediate enrollment, life insurance, short and long-term disability insurance, paid holidays, unlimited paid time-off and no dress code!
Location & Work Environment:
Our office is located at 7800 Shoal Creek Blvd, Suite 134S, Austin, TX 78757. The work environment is casual and relaxed, yet high energy.
EEO Statement: Salsa Labs, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, or genetics. We seek to build a diverse staff representative of the communities we serve. All qualified applicants are strongly encouraged to apply.