Software Security Officer
Location: Pasadena, CA
As a Software Security Officer for the biometric identity solution business line, located in Pasadena, you will be the point of reference for security expertise in the Government Business Unit (GBU). You will help the biometric R&D teams to build and grow a solid and sustainable security foundation through the development of the security skills required by the R&D teams to fulfill their missions in compliance with the Gemalto security policies.
You will be responsible for every aspect of the implementation of the Software Security Assurance process, and of the Personal Data Protection Policy (GDPR and GPDPP) in R&D. This covers the training and the support of the R&D teams during the execution of the Software Security Assurance process. You will contribute to the improvement of the process implementation, as well as of the process of governance.
You must be skilled technically, well organized, detail oriented, and fully devoted to the Gemalto biometric identification products for fingerprint search, facial recognition, and iris match that secure the digital lives of millions of people.
A week in the life of a Software release engineer:
* You will work with software developers, quality engineers, release engineers, product managers and other cross-function team members. Your duties include operational, support and communication, governance and transverse. You will:
* Deploy the security and personal data protection processes to the R&D teams
* Train teams on the security and personal data protection processes
* Deploy and support security tools to R&D teams
* Provide guidance and expertise to products/projects security architecture
* Support the R&D teams during the execution of all software security process activities
* Support the development/validation teams during the execution of all software security process activities
* Support the Product and Project Managers in the security phases of the process
* Review and audit vulnerability scans
* Liaise with Software Security Architect and other SSO for all security and personal data protection matters
* Contribute to establish GBU software security policies, guidelines/good practices and bring local site specific requirements into the picture
* Contribute to the worldwide security program working groups
* Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science or related engineering major
* Minimum 5 years of work experience related to Software design, architecture, development and validation
* Experience with development or infrastructure teams to build secure solutions
* Good understanding of security protocols, cryptography, authentication and security standards
* Familiar with various operating systems, including but not limited to Windows, Linux, etc.
* Proficiency in at least one development language
* Excellent English communication skills
* Be fully autonomous in completing an assignment and in applying technologies
* Be a great team player and enjoy working in a fast pace environment
* Ability to multi-task and handle large workloads under time constraints
* Results oriented with strong process and execution skills
* Apply now before this career opportunity is filled. We look forward to reading your CV!
Employees are required to perform the duties of this position, or any Gemalto position, in compliance with all company policies, procedures, practices, and processes, whether written or verbal, which Gemalto, in its sole discretion, may change periodically, including, but not limited to, those implemented to ensure product, physical plant, information systems and technology security, along withal federal, state and local regulations and public policies. Protect Gemalto assets from unauthorized access, disclosure, modification, destruction or interference. React and help resolve security events or security risks reported by employees. Ensure responsibility is assigned to the individual for actions taken.
Gemalto is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. It is our policy to provide equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex national origin, marital status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, veteran's status, or other protected group status. We support and apply this policy through a program of affirmative action. This includes special efforts to employ and advance within our organization, qualified members of protected groups. Applicants may request reasonable accommodation to participate in the hiring process, please direct your inquiries to the Human Resources Department at email@example.com.
Gemalto, a digital security company, offers mobile connectivity, payment technology and data protection solutions.