We have an opportunity for Software Section Managers within the Patriot Modernization Department in Tewksbury Massachusetts.
Patriot is the world's pre-eminent air defense system, and we are currently developing software in support of new system capabilities. Successful candidates will manage and work with a team of software engineers to develop and test these new capabilities. We strive for technical excellence by drawing upon a diverse workforce whose knowledge base covers the complete spectrum of modern languages and computing platforms.
The Software Section Manager will be an integral part of line management responsible for 15 to 25 software engineers within the Department with the primary responsibility of ensuring that each employee has suitable work assignments and opportunities for growth and advancement. Section Management duties include performance development and appraisal, salary and manpower planning and ensuring adherence to company policies. Candidates will contribute significantly to the technical oversight of employees in support of their work assignments, and will also be responsible for supporting a major program task within the Patriot program, including a possible leadership or key individual contributor role. The candidate will be an integral part of the Patriot software team and will also be involved in development, integration, test and user support. Travel up to 10% domestically.
* Ensure that each employee has suitable work assignments and opportunities for growth and advancement
* Contribute to the technical oversight of employees in support of their daily work assignments
* Drive performance development and appraisal process for section
* Support salary and manpower planning
* Ensure Section member's adherence to company policies, vision, values and goals
* Communicate of company and program information
* Support a major program task within the Patriot program
* Support integration efforts and customer meetings
* Support to all phases of software development lifecycle, tools, and methodologies
* Line and / or project management experience
* 8+ years' experience in software design and development activities
* Experience with software development techniques and tools (e.g., Clearcase and Coverity)
* Experience with development on real time embedded systems, including some, or all, of the following computer languages: C, C++, Ada, Jovial
* Existing SECRET Security Clearance
* Bachelors Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Software Engineering or other related Engineering Discipline.
* Experience in weapons systems software (Patriot, missiles, air defense)
* Able to thrive in a dynamic environment
* Team oriented
* DevOps Experience
* Previous Section Manager experience
* Previous or current experience on Patriot program
* Cost / Schedule Management and Reporting experience
* Raytheon EVMS certification
* Cost Account Manager experience
* Agile software development experience
* Strong communication, interpersonal and decision-making skills
* Customer focus and collaboration skills
* Effective presence and influential leadership capability, with the ability to interact with senior levels of leadership effectively - including customer, Raytheon teammates and suppliers
* Masters Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mathematics, Software Engineering or other related Engineering Discipline.
At Raytheon, we innovate to create solutions and solve complex challenges across all domains: from land and sea to air, space, and cyberspace. In doing so, we embrace the talent, expertise and perspectives of our diverse workforce, each bringing their skills, ideas and dedication to the work we do. We pride ourselves on our commitment to our customers, industry partners and our teammates, making a positive impact not only to our business, but also in our communities where we live and work. Our constant innovation is made possible by a strong culture, investing in our people, and an unwavering vision that's shared by Raytheon employees across the globe - a vision of one global team creating trusted, innovative solutions to make the world a safer place.
Raytheon has been recognized as a respected employer and valued corporate citizen for our employment practices, programs and community support by a number of highly-regarded organizations. The list includes: Forbes, Glassdoor, National Veterans Small Business Association, Corporate Responsibility Magazine, Environmental Protection Agency, Affinity Inc. and many more.
What We Offer: Whether you're just starting out on your career journey or are an experienced professional, Raytheon offers a robust total rewards package that goes above and beyond with compensation; healthcare, wellness, retirement and work/life benefits; career development and recognition programs. Some of the superior benefits Raytheon offers include paternal leave, flexible work schedules, achievement awards, educational assistance and child/adult backup care.
Find out why Forbes ranks us among the top 500 of America's Best Employers by visiting us online at www.raytheon.com.
141332BR 141332 Business Unit Profile
Headquartered in Tewksbury, Massachusetts, IDS has 32 locations around the world. Its broad portfolio of weapons, sensors and integration systems supports its customer base across multiple mission areas, including air and missile defense systems; missile defense radars; early warning radars; naval ship operating systems; C5ITM products and services; and other advanced technologies. IDS provides affordable, integrated solutions to a broad international and domestic customer base, including the U.S. Missile Defense Agency, the U.S. Armed Forces and the Department of Homeland Security.
Type Of Job
MA - Tewksbury
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.