IRM Developer System Analyst V
This position functions as a technical team lead in the IT Operations DevOps team. This position directs the activities of the Development Operations team supporting the management of DFPS IT release activities. This includes but is not limited to application build and release management and infrastructure and maintenance operations.
This position works closely with stake holders from Project Managers, Product Development, and QA Teams to coordinate the on-time and quality release of software to Production. The Software Release Analyst is expected to completely own the software release life cyle, including verification, testing, documentation, and release communications. They will be agile, collaborative, and focused with an extremely deep technical understanding of the software and will be committed to delivering a quality product. This position works with minimal supervision and considerable latitude for use of initiative and independent judgment. This position reports to the DevOps Manager. Essential Job Functions:
* Assists in the development of build scripts and tools for builds and deployments, using the most appropriate technologies.
* Develop and maintain automated software and deployment tools, including source control and defect management
* Assists and supports high-quality software systems for all development projects.
* Stays abreast of the current technologies like Jenkins, Ansible, Nexus, SonarQube, WebSphere, Linux, subversion, Maven.
* Cross trains with team members on new technical and functional implementations to support IT customers
* Performs basic source code branch (version control) management
* Performs analysis, research, and interpretation of requirements to determine user capacity and traffic needs to ensure appropriate hardware and platform technical requirements
* Develops and maintains release documentation to ensure documentation is thorough, complete, well organized.
* Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered timely and efficiently; and according to expectations.
* Performs proof of concept studies about new technologies
* Manages Build and Deployment environments
* Performs necessary vetting of artifact status, including examining code conflict, and other code merge errors, etc.
* Communicates and/or collaborates with the functional/technical team members to coordinate testing efforts in support of one or more application/system within the DFPS enterprise. Knowledge Skills Abilities:
Skill in using Unix Shell scripting, Teamforge, Jenkins, Maven, SVN, Ansible, SonarQube, Nexus, SQL, Dynatrace, with Oracle database backend. Registration or Licensure Requirements:
Initial Selection Criteria:
* Graduation from an accredited College or University with a degree in computer science or a related field. Work experience may be substituted for education on a year-for-year basis.
* Five (5) Years full-time experience with UNIX environments, UNIX scripting, Oracle SQL, Source control software, MS Office applications; or closely related field.
* Advanced knowledge of software development life cycle Additional Information:
Work outside of regular hours, including occasional weekends, may be required. Applicants selected for interview may be required to complete a written exercise to demonstrate knowledge, skills, and abilities. This position may be filled as a Systems Analyst V. Salary range is between $4917 to $5800 depending on the level at which the position is filled an in accordance with agency policies. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), DFPS agencies will provide reasonable accommodation during the hiring and selection process for qualified individuals with a disability. If you are contacted for an interview and need accommodation to participate in the interview process, please notify the person scheduling the interview. MOS Code:
Note: Military occupation(s) that relate to the initial selection criteria and registration or licensure requirements for this position may include: 25B, IT, 275, 0171, 3D0X2. For more information see the Texas State Auditor's Military Crosswalk at http://www.hr.sao.state.tx.us/Compensation/JobDescriptions.aspx.
HHS agencies use E-Verify. You must bring your I-9 documentation with you on your first day of work.
I-9 Form - Click here to download the I-9 form.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), HHS agencies will provide reasonable accommodation during the hiring and selection process for qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance completing the on-line application, contact the HHS Employee Service Center at 1-888-894-4747. If you are contacted for an interview and need accommodation to participate in the interview process, please notify the person scheduling the interview.