Come party with a million people a day in celebrating important events in their lives! Evite, the leading digital invitations platform, is looking for people who will contribute to our mission of bringing people together face to face in the most effortless and memorable way possible.
Evite is seeking a Release Engineer with a strong background in software build and release engineering processes. This includes supporting Gitflow-based source control management for all stages of the software lifecycle including development, QA, and deployment. This position has strong DevOps growth potential in assisting with construction and maintenance of our CI/CD infrastructure for both web and mobile environments as well as supporting our day-to-day cloud infrastructure needs.
* Strong background in source code methodologies (particularly gitflow) with proven experience with complex branch management, source-code conflict resolution, and managing multiple branches and environments simultaneously
* Demonstrated proficiency and experience working with technologies that support highly efficient software delivery including source-control, build, automation, deployment, and monitoring tools
* Proven experience with iOS and Android release engineering methodologies and tools
The 3C's: (Candidate must have all three C's)
* Communication- You're an eloquent speaker who can explain anything to everyone. You are also a clear and concise writer.
* Critical thinking - You love logic and data. Thinking strategically is your forte. You enjoy diagnosing complex problems and formulating plans of attack to resolve them. You enjoy an environment where everyone is encouraged to add value at the most strategic level.
* Cultural fit - You have a craving to fit in a fast-paced, high-integrity, low hand-holding environment (but you will get a hug if you need it). EQ as important as IQ. Bullies need not apply. You want to help bring our "What If" philosophy to life.
* Support day-to-day software release activities for web and mobile (iOS and Android) products including source-control, ticketing, configuration management, and release monitoring
* Maintaining source control branches and performing integrations with merge conflicts.
* Work closely with QA, manage test environments, and support general QA and test automation needs
* Help with configuration and management of build infrastructure including Jenkins, GitHub, CircleCI, Spinnaker, Crashlytics, GooglePlay, TestFlight, etc.
* Identify, evaluate, deploy, and troubleshoot open source tools and technologies in support of software deployment and management
* Create and update documentation that can be used by all release and Devops team members
* Working closely with the development team to integrate new deployment processes and strategies to meet our feature requirements
Other Preferred Requirements
* 4 - 6 years experience in supporting software development and release engineering within an Agile environment
* Strong knowledge of source control system management and tools (Git, Bitbucket).
* Experience with cloud services (Amazon, Google, Apple, GitHub, Jira)
* Proficient scripting skills in languages such as Python or Bash
* Experience in supporting release engineering in a CI/CD environment
* Experience with configuring and managing build monitoring solutions
* Experience with Jenkins build management system
* Experience with the Android and/or iOS ecosystem
* Experience with operating systems administration (Unix, Windows, OS X)
* Self-starter that requires minimal supervision
* Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
* Be comfortable working and coordinating with several teams in a fast pace and high growth environment
* BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
Note: This is full time position and Evite will not provide relocation assistance. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Evite, Inc. provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.