DePuy Synthes, a member of Johnson & Johnson's Family of Companies, is recruiting for Software Quality Test Engineer, Robotic Surgery with a preferred location of Boston, MA. Candidates may also be considered in Raynham, MA. Please note, we currently have an interim/satellite location in Mansfield, MA and candidates may also be eligible to work out of this location.
DePuy Synthes, part of the Johnson & Johnson Medical Devices Companies, provides one of the most comprehensive orthopedics portfolios in the world. DePuy Synthes solutions, in specialties including joint reconstruction, trauma, craniomaxillofacial, spinal surgery and sports medicine, are designed to advance patient care while delivering clinical and economic value to health care systems worldwide. For more information, visit www.depuysynthes.com.
The Digital Orthopedic Surgery team is bringing innovation to patient care. We are using robotics and digital tools for surgical teams to increase the performance, accuracy, and safety of surgical procedures. We are creating an extensible operating room ecosystem to support our surgical robotics. Our vision is to create a process of continuous improvement through analysis of intra-operative and post-operative surgical data. We are dedicated to improving patient outcomes through the advancement of medical technology. The Software Quality Test Engineer works on a cross-functional team to deliver production medical systems.
In this role you will:
* Participate in an Agile team of software test engineers focused on the Software Development Life Cycle of our applications ensuring high engagement and high performance in application delivery.
* Define testing strategy alongside a team of software development professionals.
* Write and execute test cases ensuring that they meet provided requirements and acceptance criteria.
* Provide effective testing of applications during the Software Development Life Cycle including design, implementation, and execution.
* Adapt a detailed understanding and ensure consistent use of our Quality Management System tools and procedures including documentation of Software Verification Protocols and test results.
* A minimum of a Bachelor's degree is required; A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science is preferred.
* A minimum of 2 years' experience in software development/testing is required.
* Experience with continuous integration implementations is strongly preferred.
* Experience creating and executing test plans including verification of input requirements is required.
* Experience with QA (Quality Assurance) related aspects of the software development life cycle from development to deployment is required.
* Experience writing test cases using the BDD/Gherkin format is preferred.
* Experience working in an Agile software development team and familiarity with Agile development practices is strongly preferred.
* Experience using a repository for managing test cases is preferred.
* Familiarity with common programming languages (C++, C#, Python, etc.) is preferred.
* Experience working in a highly regulated environment is preferred.
* Experience with medical device software development is strongly preferred.
* The preferred location for this position is Boston, MA. Candidates may also be considered in Raynham, MA. Please note, we also currently have an interim/satellite location in Mansfield, MA and candidates may also be eligible to work out of this location. This position will also require up to 15% travel, including international.
Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies are equal opportunity employers, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
North America-United States-Massachusetts, United States-Massachusetts-Raynham
DePuySynthes Products Inc (6149)
R&D Engineering (R&D)