CrowdStrike is the leader in cloud-delivered next-generation endpoint protection, threat intelligence, and pre- and post-incident response services. With the ability to collect and process over 100 billion events a day, CrowdStrike has revolutionized endpoint protection by being the first and only company to unify next-generation antivirus (AV), endpoint detection and response (EDR), and a 24/7 managed hunting service - all delivered via a single lightweight agent. We are one of the World's Most 50 Innovative Companies according to MIT, and one of Forbes Most Promising Companies. Our growth and innovation are driven by incredible employees who deliver unmatched customer success.
We have received a number of exciting awards including:
* October 2018: 100 Best Medium Workplaces Second Year in a Row by Fortune magazine.
* June 2018: Closed over $200 million, led by General Atlantic, Accel and IVP, with participation from March Capital and CapitalG (Google), achieving a valuation of more than $3 billion.
* April 2018: CrowdStrike Wins SC Award for Best Security Company Second Year in a Row.
The Windows Sensor, in order to be signed and certified, runs against a variety of test suites provided by Microsoft including WHQL, HLK, MUTT, ? As part of our strategy for dealing with these challenges, the Windows Sensor team is hiring a software quality lab manager to help plan, build, automate, and maintain our hardware and test infrastructure in our certification lab.
The software quality lab manager will:
* Work with IT staff to plan and coordinate the growth of the team's lab and keep it running smoothly.
* Build out new hardware and virtual machine setups as needed.
* Maintain existing systems.
* Work to build automation wherever possible
This position will be on-site in our Kirkland, WA office.
The primary traits we are looking for in candidates for this position are:
* Attention to detail.
* A tinkerer's mindset; there will be a constant flow of novel hardware and software scenarios to experiment with, and each will require a flexible mind and an ability to rapidly educate oneself to a functional level.
* Some experience building or maintaining computer hardware (at least at the level of "not afraid to install more RAM or a new hard disk into an old workstation").
* Some experience supporting, administering, or maintaining a diverse software environment.
* Experience with PowerShell and Windows systems
* Experience in building lab infrastructure: pulling cables, configuring switches, basic networking, etc.
This position is not envisioned as a senior IT staff position and doesn't require experience in planning and implementing enterprise IT infrastructure. The systems administration part of the job will be focused on a small lab for which the management strategy is not predetermined, and our on-site IT staff will be available to assist in planning and building the lab as well.
Other Desirable Qualifications:
The way we achieve the goals of the Sensor software quality lab will be strongly influenced by the previous experience and interests of the lab manager, which is why the following list of qualifications is "desirable" but none are required. That said, we'll prefer candidates who can demonstrate a track record of any of the following.
* Formal systems administration or system support experience
* Experience with virtualization solutions such as Hyper-V and VMWare
* Experience building or troubleshooting computer hardware.
Opportunities for Growth:
In the short and medium term, the lab manager will have the opportunity to deepen their experience in building and maintaining a small but diverse hardware and software environment. We anticipate needing to have test machines with a variety of OSes and software available, so you will gain a lot of experience with a broad range of system setups very quickly.
In the long term, there are many different career paths available depending on your interests and our staffing requirements. If finding, diagnosing, and eliminating bugs appeals to you and you are interested in writing software to test software, this position could transition into a role as a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) or Software Development Engineer in (SDE). If you enjoy systems administration and IT infrastructure planning, you will be able to develop those skills as the company grows. Finally, as the Sensor team adds support for more operating systems and devices, or as we develop new products, the lab manager position itself will become more diverse.
Benefits of Working at CrowdStrike:
* Market leader in compensation and equity awards
* Competitive vacation policy
* Comprehensive health benefits + 401k plan (US only)
* Paid paternity and maternity leave, including adoption
* Flexible work hours and remote friendly environment
* Wellness programs
* Stocked fridges, coffee, soda, and lots of treats
* Peer recognition
* Inclusive culture focused on people, customers and innovation
* Regular team activities, including happy hours, community service events
CrowdStrike believes that diversity and inclusion among our organization is essential to our success as a global company, and we seek to attract, retain and empower the industry's best and brightest from a diverse talent pool.
CrowdStrike is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
CrowdStrike is a company providing endpoint protection solutions.