Software Quality Internship
Bionano Genomics is seeking a talented Software Quality intern that is a results-driven individual to support a genome mapping instrument for DNA analysis. The position will require scrutiny of novel genomic analyses and visualizations, genomic variation and the customer experience. This is a unique experience and a demanding position requiring a large range of skills and the ability to coordinate with other departments. Our goal is to produce reliable, robust commercial products that enable our customers to dramatically expand their ability to perform genomic research. The Internship is based in our San Diego headquarters.
A successful candidate will have a strong investigative skillset to identify issues, isolate root causes, and communicate effectively across the organization to help the development team effectively resolve problems. This key team member should feel comfortable operating on multiple platforms, writing scripts to automate testing, carrying out complex analysis, and be familiar with biotechnology, specifically genomics. The ideal candidate should have the ability to follow along the various implemented Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) at Bionano Genomics, communicate effectively through bug tracking applications and execute software verification and validation procedures.
To apply for this position please email your cover letter, resume and salary requirements to:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
* Produce efficient procedures, document results clearly, and provide effective communication of the operation of software.
* Design and execute the company software quality plan.
* Learn and continue to broaden skill set and use of tools in order to deliver exciting, effective, and innovative solutions for our customers.
* Demonstrates integrity by treating all people fairly without favoritism
* Able to clearly communicate and present your ideas, methods, and results
* Results driven, able to meet targets/deadlines
* Capacity to plan, prioritize and deliver tasks on time, creative thinking ability
* Excellent written and oral communication, organizational, and analytical skills
* Very strong work ethic with confidence to work autonomously
* Highly motivated to succeed both individually and with a fast-paced compan
Skills and Education Required
* Be enrolled in a bachelor's level or equivalent program
* Written and spoken proficiency in English
* Tools: Visual Studio, WebStorm, MS Office
* Operating Systems: Windows, Linux, Mac OS
* Bioengineering preferred but not required
* Very strong analytical, communication, and interpersonal skills
* Biotech or scientific experience
* Knowledge of Database technologies
* Writing scripts for automated testing
Physical Demands and Work Environment
Bionano Genomics is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of any kind. Bionano is committed to the principles of equal opportunity employment for all employees and to providing a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Bionano are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Bionano will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics and encourages applicants of all ages. Bionano participates in E-Verify.
Bionano Genomics does not accept resumes submitted by agencies. The Human Resources team is the focal point for all recruitment and hiring at the company. Agencies are asked not to contact or forward resumes to our Executive team, Management team, or any current Bionano employee for consideration. Resumes are only accepted from agencies if a signed agreement is in place and therefore Bionano Genomics is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
About BioNano Genomics
BioNano Genomics develops nanoscale imaging and analytic platforms designed to analyze DNA and other genome-related peptides and proteins.