The Software Quality Engineer will work with the Scrum Team and stakeholders to validate the Billing application, identify areas for test automation, and ensuring high quality software. We are looking for a highly motivated individual who will thrive working in a fast-paced, team-oriented atmosphere, to ensure deployment of high-quality solutions to best serve our internal and external customers thus contributing to improved patient care.
* Perform gap analysis of current state of automation and functional testing process and infrastructure and strategize future state of automation.
* Develop, and implement automation frameworks to support integration, web service and GUI testing.
* Write functional tests, automated tests and test harnesses for application and services under test.
* Write and reviewing test strategies, test plans, and test cases, based on the agile stories and/or product requirements.
* Interact and collaborate directly with software developers, product managers, and business analysts to ensure proper development and quality of applications and products.
* Interact with QA members and FMI technical leaders from other teams and departments to understand systems and component specifications and recommend changes to facilitate efficient and effective testing.
* Evangelize software testing best practices and influence architecture and design decisions.
* Participate in efforts to share FMI testing technology and expertise within the company.
* Perform tasks efficiently and work together with team to ensure project success.
* BS in Computer Science, or related technical discipline.
* 3+ years of experience as a Software Quality Engineer, or similar role, with at least 1 of those as a lead.
* Strong experience programmatically testing products; measuring test coverage; developing test automation, profiling, and performance/load testing tools; and driving testability and diagnostic ability into the product.
* Proficient with Selenium WebDriver, or similar UI testing framework.
* Experience with JMeter, or similar performance and load testing tool.
* Experience working in an Agile/Scrum environment.
* Experience testing REST services and validating JSON and XML output.
* Experience testing web applications in a cloud infrastructure (AWS/Azure) is a plus.
* Experience with build automation, deployment, and engineering environment tools such as, JIRA, GitHub, Jenkins, SonarQube.
* Experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery/Deployment in a DevOps model.
Foundation Medicine is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer and considers all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, ancestry, age, or national origin. Further, qualified applicants will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or protected veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also FMI's EEO Statement and EEO is the Law and Supplement. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing this form. (EOE/AAP Employer)
To all recruitment agencies: Foundation Medicine does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Foundation Medicine employees or any other organization location. Foundation Medicine is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.