With a mantra of Empowering Human Potential, Hanger, Inc. is the world's premier provider of orthotic and prosthetic (O&P) services and products, offering the most advanced O&P solutions, clinically differentiated programs and unsurpassed customer service. Hanger's Patient Care segment is the largest owner and operator of O&P patient care clinics nationwide. Through its Products & Services segment, Hanger distributes branded and private label O&P devices, products and components, and provides rehabilitative solutions to the broader market. Built on the legacy of James Edward Hanger, the first amputee of the American Civil War, Hanger is steeped in 150 years of clinical excellence and innovation with a vision to be the partner of choice for products and services that enhance human physical capability. Collectively, Hanger employees touch thousands of lives each day, helping people achieve new levels of mobility and freedom.
Hanger, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer - female/minority/disability/vet.
Could This Be For You?
Hanger, Inc., dedicated to serving the Orthotic and Prosthetic community has an opening for a Software QA Tester. The role's primary focus is the planning, creation and execution of testing. Hanger's current tool-set is HP based. We are looking to expand the core foundation for the Quality organization.
The Quality Assurance team debugs software products through the use of systematic tests to develop, apply, and maintain quality standards for company products. As the Software QA Tester you will develop, modify, and execute software test plans, analyze and write test standards and procedures. You will maintain documentation of test results to assist in debugging and modification of software, analyzing test results to ensure existing functionality and recommending corrective action as needed.
In the role, you will consult with development engineers in resolution of problems and provide feedback in preparation of technical appraisals of programming languages, systems, and computation software. You'll ensure quality computer integration into the overall functions of scientific computation, data acquisition, and processing.
* QA team member responsible for the planning, creation and execution of testing activities - to include both manual and automated testing.
* Works with business owner(s) to develop and implement related test plans/cases.
* Defect management and proactive identification of risks to management.
* Works with the customer and development to reproduce production problems and identify gaps in the regression test suite (both manual and automated).
* Ability to draft system test plans and lead test execution.
* Assist in building a culture of learning and continuous improvement for the team.
* Actively contribute to designing, building, executing and maintaining automated test suites.
* Some automated build management and deployment duties.
* Load testing duties (Loadrunner, Jmeter, etc.).
* Other duties as assigned
* Bachelor's degree from a four-year college or university.
* 2 years QA testing experience in large-scale systems projects, preferably across multiple hardware and software platforms.
* OR -
* High School Diploma or GED
* 6 years relevant technical experience, with minimum 2 years QA testing experience in large-scale systems projects, preferably across multiple hardware and software platforms.
Additional Success Factors
* Automation experience with HP/Mercury suite of testing tools (Loadrunner, Quality Center, Quick Test Professional, Coded UI) is a plus but not required.
* Open source test tool knowledge (ANT, Ruby, WATIR, Selenium, etc.) is a plus.
* Visual Studio testing tools (C#, Coded UI), NUnit and TFS knowledge a plus.
* Thick client MS windows application automation knowledge is a plus.
* Knowledge of Agile software development practices (experience working in an agile environment is a plus).
* Basic understanding of test automation architecture and implementation.
* Solid understanding of testing components and deliverables within the Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
* Demonstrated ability to set and meet tight deadlines and function well under pressure.
* Demonstrated ability to develop effective and enduring working relationships with stakeholders, project managers, and other project participants and application owners.
* Excellent communication, organization and documentation skills.
* Ability to work in a dynamic and fast paced environment.
* Act with integrity in all ways and at all times, remaining honest, transparent, and respectful in all relationships.
* Keep the patient at the center of everything that you do, building lifelong trust.
* Foster open collaboration and constructive dialogue with everyone around you.
* Continuously innovate new solutions, influencing and responding to change.
* Focus on superior outcomes, and calibrate work processes for outstanding results.
Our Investment in You
* Competitive salary.
* Competitive health and insurance benefits.
* Annual target bonus or commission.
* Paid vacation and sick time.
* Frequent company update talks with our leadership team.
Hanger, Inc. is committed to providing equal employment opportunity in all aspects of the employer-employee relationship. All conditions and privileges of employment are administered to all employees without discrimination or harassment because of race, religious creed, color, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, special disabled veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, and local laws and ordinances. The Company will comply fully with all applicable state or local fair employment laws that forbid discrimination or harassment on the basis of other protected characteristics. Retaliation against any employee for filing or supporting a complaint of discrimination or harassment is prohibited.
About Hanger Clinic
Empowering human potential with innovative technologies, efficient and effective clinical solutions, and outstanding customer service.