Search for more jobs
Software Project Management - Process Engineer
* Job: 21283-RKUL
* Location: US-MA-Natick
* Department: Development University
Do you enjoy contributing to software process improvement and leading change management efforts? Do you have a passion for excellence in project management?
You will work with an internal community of software development staff to standardize and improve our project management tooling, processes and practices. You'll provide internal consulting and coaching support, evangelize new tools and standards, capture and manage knowledge, and create and deliver learning resources.
This role requires project management experience, strong technical expertise, and natural leadership skills including great communication, creativity, initiative, and resourcefulness.
* Develop a deep understanding of program project management concepts, practices and tools used at MathWorks and within the industry.
* Work with senior leaders to identify issues and opportunities related to project management processes, standards and tools. Develop clear and well-scoped problem statements, drive related projects to completion, and demonstrate measurable success.
* Knowledge of software development lifecycle and software development methods.
* Experience with SCRUM, Lean Software development, and Agile methodologies.
* Facilitate organizational adoption of new standards and best practices through thoughtful change management strategies. Rollout new content and find ways to help staff members successfully adopt it. Report out to senior staff on progress against business drivers.
* Find creative ways to support Development's organizational growth and learning around project management, including producing self-serve resources and instructor-led training events.
* Identify internal experts and ensure key knowledge is captured and shared. Continuously review, catalog and promote user-created documentation and resources related to project management. Facilitate and grow internal communities of practice.
* A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
* BA/BS or MA/MS, ideally in a field related to Business, Education, or related field.
* Familiarity with Jira or other work management tools is a big plus.
* Exceptional communication skills including clear and concise writing, an engaging presentation style, and strong group facilitation.
* Leadership and teamwork skills. Demonstrated ability to build credibility and collaborate effectively across teams and roles.
* Ability to balance needs of a large number of concurrent projects.
* Experience with process improvement methods and tool and/or past experience in developing and establishing standards.
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it's being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing - for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
MathWorks is a developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists.