MiTek® USA Inc., a subsidiary of Berkshire Hathaway, Inc. is the world's leading supplier of state-of-the-art, engineered connector products, engineering services, and computer-driven machinery for the building component industry. We provide the industry's most advanced, most comprehensive, and most innovative software for design and manufacturing. Our products and services are backed up by a team of industry professionals who are dedicated to one goal - making our customers successful.
The MiTek Commercial Software team is seeking highly motivated and experienced Product Manager to guide the development of our new software product initiatives. This individual will understand and advocate for the needs of the Structural Framing Division, acting as the primary liaison between the division and the Commercial Software Group. The Product Manager develops and maintains a vision for the product and is responsible for communicating that vision to the development team. The Product Manager works with business stakeholders and development teams to ensure that business, quality and functional goals are met with each product release.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Work with the divisional team to identify software opportunities, evaluate potential ROI, and set project priorities.
* Meet regularly with the divisional team to ensure a clear, mutual understanding around the status and expectations of software projects.
* Collaborate with stakeholders to translate business requirements into user stories for the development teams to implement
* Develop and maintain an appropriately prioritized backlog of user stories for implementation
* Work with technical leads to determine scope and priorities for product development cycles
* Work with development teams to ensure that they understand the vision for the product and are designing great features for our partners
* Develop appropriately detailed specifications for product features so that they are clearly understood by the development teams
* Willingness to travel, including on-site visits with stakeholders, trade shows, and conferences (potentially 20-30%)
MiTek is an E-Verify and Drug and Tobacco-Free Workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
* Analytical - Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
* Problem Solving - Identify and resolve problems in a timely manner. Gather and analyze information skillfully. Develop alternative solutions. Work well in group problem solving situations. Use reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
* Technical Skills - Assesses own strengths and weaknesses; Pursues training and development opportunities; Strives to continuously build knowledge and skills; Shares expertise with others.
* Interpersonal Skills - Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; Maintains confidentiality; Listens to others without interrupting; Keeps emotions under control; Remains open to others ideas and tries new things.Successfully interacts with financial and non-financial personnel.
* Oral Communication - Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Participates in meetings.
* Written Communication - Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
* Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
* Detail Oriented - Ability to pay attention to the minute details of a project or a task.
* Teamwork - Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.Ability to interact professionally with others; including co-workers, vendors and customers.
* Inspire and motivate the development teams to deliver innovative and exciting solutions with an appropriate sense of urgency
* Attendance during work regular work hours and overtime as required, approved by manager.
Education and/or Experience
* Bachelor's Degree in Software Engineering, Civil Engineering, or equivalent
* 3-5 years related experience and/or training in commercial construction, design or manufacturing.