LOCATION: Boston, MA
Do you love working on innovative products that are changing the way of design and manufacturing? Do you have strong visual design skills and experience building integrated software and hardware solutions?
We help engineers design and manufacture products every day with modern, easy-to-use software tools. We are looking for a software product designer who has the same kind of passion for great user experience that we do. This is an opportunity to connect product needs with first-hand customer feedback to develop software designs based on modern web, desktop and mobile technologies for Stratasys, the leader in 3D Printing.
As the Software Product Designer, you will be expected to:
* Conceptualize and prototype user experiences for web, desktop and mobile platforms and 3D Printing systems.
* Deliver great User Experiences (UX) on software projects in support of Stratasys 3D Printing solutions working closely with R&D and Product management in an Agile Development process
* Collaborate closely with designers, engineers, and product managers to ensure that your ideas are implemented and deliver the best user experience possible.
* Facilitate usability workshops and gather feedback from customers
* Ongoing communication with global teams
* 3 years of experience designing for web, Windows, iOS and Android mobile platforms and fluency with HTML and CSS for writing front-end code
* Experience working in an Agile Development environment using collaboration tools including Microsoft Office, Google G Suite, and Jira across remote development sites
* Use of illustration/design/wireframe tools such as Figma, Keynote, Frame, Flinto, Pixate and Adobe for design presentations and mockups
* Worked in a global environment
* A Portfolio to show off your work
* Team player
* Basic front-end skills (HTML,CSS).
* Proficiency with Sketch, Invision, and Adobe Creative Cloud tools (Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Indesign) and one or more prototyping tools (Frame, Flinto, Principle, Pixate, Origami, After Effects).
* Experience with 3D printing, digital fabrication, mechanical engineering, computer-aided design (CAD) software.
* Passion to understand how users engage with products.
* Ability to effectively communicate visually, verbally, and in writing.
* Ability to create visually consistent designs.
* Appreciation of standard user interface design concepts and processes.
TRAVEL REQUIREMENT: TBD
Stratasys (Nasdaq: SSYS), headquartered in Minneapolis, Minnesota and Rehovot, Israel, is a leading global provider of 3D printing and additive manufacturing solutions. The company's patented FDM® and PolyJet™ 3D Printing technologies produce prototypes and manufactured goods directly from CAD data for the aerospace, automotive, healthcare, consumer goods and education industries. Stratasys subsidiaries include MakerBot and GrabCAD, and the company operates the digital parts manufacturing service, Stratasys Direct. Stratasys has nearly 3,000 employees, holds over 1,200 granted or pending additive manufacturing patents globally, and has received more than 30 awards for its technology and leadership.
Why Join Us? We've been at the forefront of 3D printing innovation for more than 25 years. We're trusted worldwide by leading manufacturers and groundbreaking designers, makers, thinkers and doers. Stratasys is seeking candidates who are passionate about playing a significant role in our next generation of growth. If you want to work in an environment filled with smart, creative and humble people who are passionate about building things, solving problems and collaborating, apply today!
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Stratasys will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification form upon hire. All offers of employment with Stratasys are contingent upon the successful passing of a background check.
Stratasys is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected Veteran or disabled status and will not be discriminated against for their race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, military status, or national origin or any other characteristic protected under federal, state, or applicable local law. Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.