At NextCapital, we build financial software that helps everyday investors build and manage a world-class financial portfolio. Our work directly benefits the millions of Americans who can't afford traditional financial advice, by providing them a solution driven by software. Working with the world's leading financial institutions, our software tackles the complex challenges of providing financial advice through an intuitive and engaging user experience.
JOIN OUR TEAM
We're looking for a talented and highly motivated product designer to join our team. As a growth stage technology company, NextCapital is seeking candidates eager to be part of a team, working closely with every part of the company, from engineers to the executive team. Learn more about us at www.themuse.com/companies/nextcapital
WHAT YOU'LL DO
* Gather and organize requirements from external partners and internal stakeholders
* Design and document technical specifications for software engineers
* Break down and document high-level requirements into detailed components
* Write test cases and facilitate quality product delivery
* Define granular development tasks based on design prototypes and test whether results meet stated requirements
* Organize and prioritize project workflow and keep team members on track to meet deadlines
* Iteratively improve the platform through a solid understanding of its current state and application of design principles
WHO WE'RE LOOKING FOR
* You have a bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in software design. Prior programming experience or 1-2 years of work experience is strongly desired.
* You understand the software development life cycle and development methodologies such as agile, waterfall and lean
* You are self-motivated and have experience maintaining your workflow independently
* You are a creative and proactive problem solver and feel comfortable proposing multiple solutions to a variety of issues
* You enjoy abstract logic problems and are ready to put those skills to use in a real-world environment
* You possess strong communication skills and are eager to work with software engineers, financial advisors, and other designers
* You often consider ways to improve the technology you use in your everyday life, and can convincingly articulate these ideas to others
* You have experience juggling multiple priorities and overlapping project timelines
* You are enthusiastic about the details of how different parts of a complex software system fit together, and becoming an expert in those details
WHY YOU'LL LOVE IT
* Disrupt the financial advice industry by bringing affordable, easy to use financial tools to millions of people
* See your work move into production quickly, and avoid the bureaucracy that slows down larger companies
* Receive great benefits like stock options, employer 401(k) match, and employer contributions to health, dental and vision coverage
* Enjoy a laid back work environment surrounded by top quality designers & engineers that enjoy working with each other
* Get in on the ground floor of a growth stage company where you can have a real impact on the company's future
* Participate in company-sponsored cornhole leagues, Thursday After Hours (cards, video games, treats), fantasy football leagues, hackathons and other fun events.
* Enjoy a newly built out office on Michigan Avenue with unobstructed views of the lake and Millennium Park.
* Sip locally roasted coffee, iced tea, cold brew, or espresso at your modular sitting/standing desk.
NextCapital is the place to help you organize, analyze, optimize and manage your entire portfolio -- holistically. It's smart, free, objective, and best of all: tailored just to you.