Search for more jobs
Software Process Improvement Engineer - Quality Assurance
* Job: 20008-TTER
* Location: US-MA-Natick
* Department: Development University
Do you enjoy leading software quality assurance efforts, ensuring process compliance, and contributing to software process improvement? Do you want to work with teams producing safety-critical commercial software products that are instrumental in accelerating the pace of engineering and science world-wide? If yes, we want to talk with you.
You will contribute to our internal quality assurance program where you will perform process assurance audits, teach others about software quality assurance, and help continuously improve company-wide software development processes. You will work with an internal community of cross-functional development teams to improve their processes and products while helping to prepare them for external audits against industry standards such as ISO 26262 and ASPICE.
This role requires a passion for continuous improvement, strong aptitude for auditing while building strong working relationships with development teams, excellence in software development processes, and natural leadership skills including great communication, creativity, initiative, and resourcefulness.
* Develop a deep understanding of software development processes, concepts, practices and tools used at MathWorks and within the industry, with a special focus on industry-wide quality standards (e.g. ISO 26262 and ASPICE)
* Contribute to the growing quality assurance program at MathWorks, including performing process assurance audits, reporting out to teams and senior stakeholders, and continuously improving the overall quality assurance program
* Work with senior leaders to identify problems and opportunities related to our software development process, then contribute to solving such problems
* Develop clear and well-scoped problem statements and drive related projects to completion
* Help facilitate organizational adoption of new standards and best practices through thoughtful change management strategies. Rollout new content and find ways to help staff members successfully adopt it. Report out to senior staff on progress against business drivers.
* A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
* Experience in developing and carrying out auditing plans for software compliance
* Experience with software development processes
* Familiar with industry quality standards, such as ISO, DO, or SPICE
* Exceptional communication skills including clear and concise writing, an engaging presentation style, and group facilitation
* Strong leadership and teamwork skills, with a demonstrated ability to collaborate across teams and roles
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it's being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing - for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
MathWorks is a developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists.