Intermediate consulting position operating independently with some assistance and guidance to provide quality work products to a project team or customer that comply with Oracle methodologies and practices. Performs standard duties and tasks with some variation to implement Oracle products and technology to meet customer specifications.
Standard assignments are accomplished without assistance by exercising independent judgment, within defined policies and processes, to deliver functional and technical solutions on moderately complex customer engagements.
2-5 years of overall experience in relevant functional or technical roles. Undergraduate degree or equivalent experience. Product or technical expertise relevant to practice focus. Ability to communicate effectively and build rapport with team members and clients. Ability to travel as needed.
Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of San Francisco's Fair Chance Ordinance.
Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.
This role needs to be based in our Arlington VA location
As an Implementation Engineer at Oracle Opower, you will work with a team to implement SaaS-based energy efficiency and customer engagement programs on behalf of our utility partners. You will collaborate with a diverse group, including a Project Manager, a Senior Implementation Engineer, as well as members of the Product Engineering, Product Management, and QA teams. Setting up new programs for our utility clients is the lifeblood of Opower, and we rely on Implementation Engineer's input and expertise for our overall success.
Our Implementation Engineers rely on a diversified technical skill-set, including: data manipulation via complex SQL queries, experience on the Linux command line, shell scripting, and software development using high-level programming languages such as Java or Ruby. We do not expect you to immediately be masters of the full spectrum of technologies used, but through on the job training and coaching, you will gain the necessary skills required to launch energy efficiency programs for new utility clients.
* Communicate with the IT resources of the utility company client to explain technical requirements including web integration, single sign-on configuration, and transfer of utility data
* Analyze, transform, and load utility data from the utility clients to meet Oracle Opower's data standards
* Integrate utility data with additional data from various 3rd party sources to generate a holistic customer profile
* Build and maintain a deep understanding of our products with the ability to explain them to others; think about how client customization and delivery can be sped up and improved
* Configure and customize Oracle Opower's energy efficiency SaaS platform to meet the specific needs of each client
* Build long-term relationships with utility clients by launching programs from pilot phase to through large scale rollouts
* Collaborate with cross functional teams to operationalize new Oracle Opower products and features
* Bachelor's degree in computer science or related field
* 2-4 years of hands-on technical experience
* You enjoy sniffing out complex, technical issues and solving them
* You are able to write SQL for large data sets and have recent experience with relational databases, MySQL preferred
* You have experience in Linux and are not afraid of the command line
* You demonstrate some programming knowledge (most of our code is in Ruby and Java, but Perl, Python, shell scripting have their places too)
* You are a smart, talented engineer, looking for an exciting, fast-paced company to expand your toolbox and develop your skills.
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
Oracle is a company providing integrated cloud applications and platform services.